Rattling noise coming from the s/c

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
There is a loud and very noticeable rattling/knocking noise coming from the supercharger itself. It just started today and the car feels way down on power.

I have a call in to the dealer...any ideas? I have a sick feeling in my stomach. :(

The only mod is a Magnaflow catted X.

BLACK SUNSHINE

Established Member
Your warranty should cover that no problem. I am thinking of going with Magnaflow exhaust components. How much performance did it feel like that catted x-pipe gave you?

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
Originally posted by BLACK SUNSHINE
Your warranty should cover that no problem. I am thinking of going with Magnaflow exhaust components. How much performance did it feel like that catted x-pipe gave you?

I haven't had it dynoed since the X-pipe. Didn't notice any SOTP change or a big difference in sound.
I did notice a gain at the track though.
Stock exhaust I was running 13.3 @107 with 2.2 60fts. After the X-pipe I've run a couple of 13.0X's at 111 with 2.0 60fts.
Granted, my driving got better, but the mph gain had to have come from the exhaust since a slower short time often results in a higher trap speed.

B03Cobra

SVT G0D
Established Member
Racerat,
Does your car still show you in boost when you floor it?

BLACK SUNSHINE

Established Member
I wish I could get 2.0 60ft times. 2.1 was the best I could do without wheel hop, and now my diff is dripping.

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
Originally posted by B03Cobra
Racerat,
Does your car still show you in boost when you floor it?

I don't know. I didn't get into boost on the way home from work because of traffic. I'm afraid to take it out now because I just talked to friend (who owns a speed shop and races Mustangs) and he said not to even start it. If something is broken inside the s/c it could cause further damage to the engine. :eek:

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
Originally posted by BLACK SUNSHINE
I wish I could get 2.0 60ft times. 2.1 was the best I could do without wheel hop, and now my diff is dripping.
I too am battling with wheel hop but it's so inconsistent it's driving me nuts. All of my 2.0 60fts came on the stock tires with the center treads badly worn.(don't know how that happened) I've rotated the tires and wheel hop is back with a vengenance! :rollseyes
Instead of new tires, maybe I should be looking at used F1's.
:shrug: :D

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Sorry to hear about your SC, about the wheel hop though I have heard that steeda sells IRS bushings that help tremendously in stopping or slowing the dreaded wheel hop.

my03svtcobra

Established Member
12.97 1/4 108 mph 2.00 60 ft
out of 9 runs all @201/200 r/t in th 60's
the wheel hop secret shooo... fill it w/gas a or 3/4's

CaptK2003

Established Member
My car has a rattle when it warms up. It is a clattering sound that is very hard to pinpoint with all of the normal engine sounds.

I think it is the cam cap but the dealer already did the retorqe.

SVT told me they havn't heard of any rattles or knocks, -only ticks.
????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Users who are viewing this thread