rattling noise from driveside of engine..

svt_Artt

so my car started making this rattling noise,at first i thought it was my p/s pump bearings...replaced that still doing it,so i decided to take off the belt & start her up.Now i know it has to be internal.
hopefully this link works

svt_Artt

haha damnit i thought i posted it in the right category ....ahhh idk that’s actually what a buddy of mine just said also

svt_Artt

Update the thread once you find out what it is. I’m curious as to what it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

i don’t think it’s an exhaust leak,stuffed a vaccum to my tail pipe covered one side n the vaccum on the other...automatically found a leak in my x pipe sealed that off
as for the manifold i was spraying soap water on the bottom side of the manifold & wasn’t getting any bubbles neither on my egr cap..couldn’t really reach the top of the manifold

i just don’t wanna go thru thw hassle of dropping my k member if i don’t need to

WhiteSnakeBite

i don’t think it’s an exhaust leak,stuffed a vaccum to my tail pipe covered one side n the vaccum on the other...automatically found a leak in my x pipe sealed that off
as for the manifold i was spraying soap water on the bottom side of the manifold & wasn’t getting any bubbles neither on my egr cap..couldn’t really reach the top of the manifold

i just don’t wanna go thru thw hassle of dropping my k member if i don’t need to
I have 97 Cobra ,had same type of noise, took some searching..but my crank keyway was sheared off at timing gears (2 piggy back gears)... The gear has been upgraded to a solid part...

Sent from my XT1254 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

svt_Artt

I have 97 Cobra ,had same type of noise, took some searching..but my crank keyway was sheared off at timing gears (2 piggy back gears)... The gear has been upgraded to a solid part...

dang do you have the link for that part? gonna start taking the cover apart tuesday on my day off hopefully it’s just that.

WhiteSnakeBite

LMR carries it...
Screenshot_20200113-084832.jpeg

svt_Artt

update on my issue...one of my tensioners was digging in the guides so the chain had a lot of slack hence was slappin around during acceleration

Re1iK

Established Member
For some reason, video shows unavailable for me. Would love to hear what yours sounded like. I've got a rattle I'm starting to chase down too. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread