Rattling Problem

Steeda04SVT

Team Bareass New Mexico
Established Member
Car has a semi new throwout bearing and clutch fork that I replaced back in May and went on deployment, so I know it doesn't have very many miles on them. But I heard a squeaking/rattling from underneath the car and popped off the dust cover for the clutch fork where the cable hooks into it and the clutch fork is vibrating pretty bad enough to where it's making the whole clutch fork/throwout bearing squeak. I've adjusted the firewall adjuster and still no luck. Any ideas? Any input would be greatly appreciated SVTP. Thanks again.

-David

skratpiece

Established Member
Question for you. What reason did you replace your clutch and or TOB? In my case, the TOB seized on the Bearing Sleeve. Cranking the starter to get the car in motion overtorqued the starter and now the starter rattles. This is common for people that seize a TOB and try to crank the engine over while in gear. If this isn't the case then you probably just have a typical squeeky throwout and a loose dust shield and or bad throwout fork. Make sure your dust cover is on correctly. Make sure your throwout fork is in it's pivot ball. Wish I had the answers, but hope this helped.

beastmar

Established Member
Did this problem occur right after you installed the new parts as well? Did you test drive your car after the new parts were installed? It could just be that the TOB wasn't installed correctly over the tabs on the clutch fork.

Users who are viewing this thread