Raybestos (ceramic fronts & PG plus rears)

2003 Cobra

Established Member
I got a couple of private messages asking about the brakes I posted about a while back so I thought I would make one general post to address my experience with Raybestos pads and Autospecialty rotors. The factory rear pads make the rear wheels and rear of the car turn black pretty quickly.

Washing the car all the time got old so I decided to change out the rear pads and rotors for the Raybestos PG plus pads which are regular organic pads and Autospecialty cross drilled rotors. The car's stopping distance increased and the brakes took some getting used to.

I then felt that the appearance of the front rotors needed to match the rears and the front brakes started squeaking. I then bought the Raybestos QS ceramic pads and Autospecialty cross drilled rotors. The front pads are great as the dusting is minimal and all squeaking is gone. With over 3,000 miles on the new brakes, I can say that I'm used to the brake pedal feel and it takes a long time until the wheels get black from brake dust. I've done some really hard stops from high speeds and the brakes have never faded or squealed. The rotors seem to be holding up pretty well and, so far, there are no signs of warpage.

The pads were $115.00 for the fronts and $29.00 for the rears at Kragen. The rotors were $429.00 total from www.brakewarehouse.net. While this is definitely not a high performance track setup it does the trick for my sissy type street driving and looks pretty cool.

Users who are viewing this thread