re-burn for tq convertor

LOKOSVT

Established Member
I went to the track last Thursday to try out the tq convertor that I just installed, and I think I need a re-burn. I ran a 8.06 87mph on the 1/8, machine wasnt printing the 60s. It pulls hard off the line but it takes to long to shift. Its shifting at around 5500-5600 rpms at WOTand it holds there for like a second and then shifts. Im sure I could have been in the 7s if it wasnt for this. What shift point is recomended? What needs to be done on the re-burn? I want to dyno tune it, but its like a 5 hour drive to do so.

ITHAULS

GIT'R DUN
Established Member
Did you ever run it before with the stock TC? If so, comparing your timeslips would be helpful. I don't know that a reburn is the answer. Part of me says it sounds more like you're 'driving through' the TC, as if there's too much slippage at higher RPMs. Another part of me says that with your mods, an FTVB is more than just a good idea. I would def. ask the folks the TC came from before I did anything else. Good luck!

LOKOSVT

Established Member
Before the new convertor I ran a 8.14. I dont think its sliping, it doesnt feel like its sliping. Its just taking to long to shift. It was recomended to me to do a re-burn to reset the shift points, and some other things that need to be done.

Users who are viewing this thread