Re: PErformance Mods: what's a "FIPK". Also questions about subframe connectors

Redwing

Established Member
Hi. I have an 03 Cobra (one of the very first Canadian versions delivered, just last week)
In respect to cold air intake, what does FIPK mean?

also, some of you have installed subframe connectors on your cars. My new convertible seems to already have them. Are the factory ones no good, or are the aftermarket ones a lot better? Or is this a running change on the car?

third question. Some of you have done the hood vent modification. It looks easy enough, but what aboout water and rain going through the vents. Won't it cause trouble?

ArizonaSnake

Established Member
I'll take a stab at the FIPK...

Fuel Injection Performance Kit.

Fancy name for for a Cold Air Induction (CAI)

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
The subframes on the Cobra vert appear to be the same stock ones that came on my 99 vert. Useless. I plan to upgrade mine real soon, just don't know with what yet.

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
Sub frames would be a great choice. And with the hood mod water can get inside the vents. If its not too much it should be ok, but I think someone said that the plates under the vents are easy to take on/off. So if its going to rain hard or your washing your car and you want to be carefull, just put them back on until your done.

Redwing

Established Member
Originally posted by racerat
The subframes on the Cobra vert appear to be the same stock ones that came on my 99 vert. Useless. I plan to upgrade mine real soon, just don't know with what yet.

I had a 99 Vert myself. I put subframes on it because it didn't have any that I could identify from the factory.
Underneath my Cobra are rectangular tubes running full length that appear to me to look like aftermarket subframe connectors

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
Redwing, those are the factory ones you see and they're bolted in and light gauge steel. that's why people are replacing them.

great name, btw :thumbsup: Go Wings!

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
You should weld subframes on. I have them on both of my Stang Verts. I used Steeda Subframe connectors and I think they are great. And of course I welded them on.

Users who are viewing this thread