Read This ***Especially if You Got Your Car in Missouri***

WILDTHANG

In The Rear View Mirror
Established Member
I was surfing on Ls1 forum, because I was looking for a post regarding a race with a GT500 and I came across this.

I have a 2001 Formula, but unfortunately work at a Ford dealership, (used to do sales actually, now i sell their bits and pieces in the parts dept (good money)). The 07 Mustang GT pumps out 300hp on the motor. However in January there will be the release of the Shelby Mustang GT. It will have 325hp, gained through a c.a.i. and tune from the factory. And the Shelby GT500, puts out 500hp, and is somewhat impressive (had to deliver it to a local doctor's retirement party) I ran the hell out of it, and wasn't really impressed by it's acceleration until it hit about 4500rpm, it had very little low end IMO

If this was the guy delivering my car, I would have his head.

Also what a dumba$$, the car is detuned for the 1st 500 miles and 50 key cycles.

Also check out this other post by him "If you get 4.10s installed properly, and maintain the rear end, i change my rear lube now with every oil change every 3-5k mi depending on how hard i am on the car" :loser:

BTW it was just posted Monday.

LR 01 Cobra

Founding Member
Established Member
Same thing happened with a 03 Cobra a few years back, 2 guys got FIRED! Do a search, it was posted on here.

Tim

bubbrubb

The problem was that he let some random guy drive his GT500 to his house, come on, what the **** was he thinking?

I had a similar experience when I went to test drive an 03 cobra 2 years ago. I forgot my license so I figured I'd let the salesman drive the car to see how it has been treated by them and everything. Boy am I happy I did that, because otherwise I'd have had a white 03 cobra with 11,xxx miles that would run like it had 11x,xxx miles on it. The guy straight up beat the shit out of it to show it off to me. For those of you that don't know me personally, thats completely opposite of my personality, sorry Mr. Salesman :nonono:

brief description of why I will never let just anybody from a dealership drive my car unless I have no other option: salesman let the car idle for ~45 seconds, rolled off the lot easy until the dealership was out of sight, then he drove it like he stole it. WOT 1st - 3rd, then came really close to curbing both passenger rims through a little downhill chicane and then threw out the anchor as late as he could for a stop sign. layed tire for a few seconds after he launched the car and took a right at the stop sign and almost lost control of the car entirely. Was then bragging about how the car had been rumored to have nitrous installed on it and was a low 11 second car on street tires before they got it (it was stock by the way, I found out through my own means that the previous owner had a solid rear in it, I forget the times he ran, but he did have C/P/I/E & nitrous on the car before he reverted it back to stock to trade it in. Also went through 3 clutches in 11k miles, but the one on the car seemed in good shape).

What the the salesman drive for his car? an old Mazda MX-3 with a fart pipe.

It had turned out that I had raced him in my TT a few months before all of this cobra nonsense happened. it went something like this

Me (honestly thinking that I heard a turbo spool up a lil bit at the stoplight when he bumped the gas pedal) "did you put a turbo on that thing?"
Salesman: "why, you wanna see if you can beat me?" or something stupid like this
Me: "sure why the hell not, go on green"
salesman: "alright"
:light changes: we both launch (hehe, I miss that lil awd guy.. good times) after first gear I had enough room infront of him that I could pull comfortably into his lane, I ran out second gear and he was no where to be found. Until I started to slow down to make a turn to get home, then he came ripping by me WOT at like 9 or 10 mph or so. mind you my TT was, IMO, slow as shit. the turbo was probably a loose body panel vibrating or something lol.

People who drive cars that slow and think that they're fast should be prohibited from driving anything with nearly 400hp, because they're going to wreck it :(

Don't let people you don't know (and probably some that you do know) drive your Cobras guys, its scary to see

TRXboy

Established Member
Friend of mine had a Guy lose his job at a tint shop for pulling that type of stunt. I would report his ass, but that is just me.

badsube

Rescue Chief
Established Member
VelociTT said:
The problem was that he let some random guy drive his GT500 to his house, come on, what the **** was he thinking?

I had a similar experience when I went to test drive an 03 cobra 2 years ago. I forgot my license so I figured I'd let the salesman drive the car to see how it has been treated by them and everything. Boy am I happy I did that, because otherwise I'd have had a white 03 cobra with 11,xxx miles that would run like it had 11x,xxx miles on it. The guy straight up beat the shit out of it to show it off to me. For those of you that don't know me personally, thats completely opposite of my personality, sorry Mr. Salesman :nonono:

brief description of why I will never let just anybody from a dealership drive my car unless I have no other option: salesman let the car idle for ~45 seconds, rolled off the lot easy until the dealership was out of sight, then he drove it like he stole it. WOT 1st - 3rd, then came really close to curbing both passenger rims through a little downhill chicane and then threw out the anchor as late as he could for a stop sign. layed tire for a few seconds after he launched the car and took a right at the stop sign and almost lost control of the car entirely. Was then bragging about how the car had been rumored to have nitrous installed on it and was a low 11 second car on street tires before they got it (it was stock by the way, I found out through my own means that the previous owner had a solid rear in it, I forget the times he ran, but he did have C/P/I/E & nitrous on the car before he reverted it back to stock to trade it in. Also went through 3 clutches in 11k miles, but the one on the car seemed in good shape).

What the the salesman drive for his car? an old Mazda MX-3 with a fart pipe.

It had turned out that I had raced him in my TT a few months before all of this cobra nonsense happened. it went something like this

Me (honestly thinking that I heard a turbo spool up a lil bit at the stoplight when he bumped the gas pedal) "did you put a turbo on that thing?"
Salesman: "why, you wanna see if you can beat me?" or something stupid like this
Me: "sure why the hell not, go on green"
salesman: "alright"
:light changes: we both launch (hehe, I miss that lil awd guy.. good times) after first gear I had enough room infront of him that I could pull comfortably into his lane, I ran out second gear and he was no where to be found. Until I started to slow down to make a turn to get home, then he came ripping by me WOT at like 9 or 10 mph or so. mind you my TT was, IMO, slow as shit. the turbo was probably a loose body panel vibrating or something lol.

People who drive cars that slow and think that they're fast should be prohibited from driving anything with nearly 400hp, because they're going to wreck it :(

Don't let people you don't know (and probably some that you do know) drive your Cobras guys, its scary to see
Funny story. It also sounds like you and I think of and treat our cars the exact same way. :beer:

Yellow Horse

Established Member
Here's two more.

When my 03 arrived I told them not to clean it. They left the plastic on it. I drove it straight home to put a full Bassani I had ordered earlier for it arrived. When I got under the back to drop the catback the fenders were full of rubber. I really don't think the dealer did it. It was reported some handlers were beating the crap out of them in the rail yards. Wasn't much I could say since I had driven it home.

The other was a local non-SVT dealer that was really a jerk dealer. I tried to trade my vette in on an F150 and they just blew me off. I drove to another dealer that day and drove off in a new F150. I had other problems with them whenever I dealt with them like warranty problems. One day I meant this older gentelman in town who turned out to be a car collector and was a big fan of Cobras. He saw me pull up in my 01 Cobra and he came right up and just started talking away. He was in his 60's. I really like him. He had two or three Cobras. This was before there was any talk about the 03. Several months later I saw a red 03 SVT vert sitting at this dealer with the window sticker. I knew the dealer was trying to become an SVT dealer. Probably so he could get his hands on a Ford GT. I pull in and there is still plastic on the seats. I asked them and they told me they bought it from this older gentelman I knew. It turned out he bought it for his daughter for Christmas and she committed suicide on Christmas Eve. He drove it to the dealer a few days later and sold it to them just to get rid of it. They wanted $3k over sticker. It sat there for a year before it was gone. Not sure what happened or what they got for it. When they were asking $3k over there were plenty of below sticker dealers. They ended up closing the dealership. I took my 03 to get a four wheel alignment oneday at a shop out of town that is good on 4-wheel alignments and this dude comes up and starts asking me about my 03 and then he told me he had worked at this Ford dealer and told me about the 03 Cobra they had and he took it for a "test" drive. He said there was a strip of pavement behind a strip mall that he and other mechanics would take Mustand GT's or Harley trucks to break them in and they were burning the rubber and doing 360's. I went down there a few days later and sure enough the strip was covered in rubber. That sure pissed me off.

Whitten

Grocery Run
Established Member
Yellow Horse said:
Here's two more.

When my 03 arrived I told them not to clean it. They left the plastic on it. I drove it straight home to put a full Bassani I had ordered earlier for it arrived. When I got under the back to drop the catback the fenders were full of rubber. I really don't think the dealer did it. It was reported some handlers were beating the crap out of them in the rail yards. Wasn't much I could say since I had driven it home.

The other was a local non-SVT dealer that was really a jerk dealer. I tried to trade my vette in on an F150 and they just blew me off. I drove to another dealer that day and drove off in a new F150. I had other problems with them whenever I dealt with them like warranty problems. One day I meant this older gentelman in town who turned out to be a car collector and was a big fan of Cobras. He saw me pull up in my 01 Cobra and he came right up and just started talking away. He was in his 60's. I really like him. He had two or three Cobras. This was before there was any talk about the 03. Several months later I saw a red 03 SVT vert sitting at this dealer with the window sticker. I knew the dealer was trying to become an SVT dealer. Probably so he could get his hands on a Ford GT. I pull in and there is still plastic on the seats. I asked them and they told me they bought it from this older gentelman I knew. It turned out he bought it for his daughter for Christmas and she committed suicide on Christmas Eve. He drove it to the dealer a few days later and sold it to them just to get rid of it. They wanted $3k over sticker. It sat there for a year before it was gone. Not sure what happened or what they got for it. When they were asking $3k over there were plenty of below sticker dealers. They ended up closing the dealership. I took my 03 to get a four wheel alignment oneday at a shop out of town that is good on 4-wheel alignments and this dude comes up and starts asking me about my 03 and then he told me he had worked at this Ford dealer and told me about the 03 Cobra they had and he took it for a "test" drive. He said there was a strip of pavement behind a strip mall that he and other mechanics would take Mustand GT's or Harley trucks to break them in and they were burning the rubber and doing 360's. I went down there a few days later and sure enough the strip was covered in rubber. That sure pissed me off.

Which dealership in Alabama was this?

bubbrubb

badsube said:
Funny story. It also sounds like you and I think of and treat our cars the exact same way. :beer:
Amen brother!! :beer:

I'm sorry to hear that somebody tried to rape your baby, Yellow Horse. I can't stand when people do things like that... I always hope that karma will come back around on dirtbags like that. Don't even get me started on vandalism to cars... I'll probably put my fist through this computer screen....which would be vandalism actually, because I'm on a borrowed laptop since mine died about a month or so ago:cryying:

Trader

Established Member
I have driven every car i have bought off the dealer lots like i stole the damned things. Fun as heck too.

Took my 03 cobra to the track and dyno with paper tags on it. Drove it in the winter salt and let it sit in the snow.

Just a car ya know?

bubbrubb

Trader said:
I have driven every car i have bought off the dealer lots like i stole the damned things. Fun as heck too.

Took my 03 cobra to the track and dyno with paper tags on it. Drove it in the winter salt and let it sit in the snow.

Just a car ya know?
Yes, cars are just cars... but if you went and took a shit on a nice hand woven silk oriental rug, some people (just about everybody) would look at you as funny as I look at you for abusing your car that way... I would hope that you are upfront about how you treat your cars to the sucker that buys them from you after you're done beating on them :rollseyes

Trader

Established Member
VelociTT said:
Yes, cars are just cars... but if you went and took a shit on a nice hand woven silk oriental rug, some people (just about everybody) would look at you as funny as I look at you for abusing your car that way... I would hope that you are upfront about how you treat your cars to the sucker that buys them from you after you're done beating on them :rollseyes

Your analogy sucks. Taking a dump on a nice carpet does not equal driving a car like it is supposed to be driven.

Not opening up a car and getting on it up to redline in at least three gears is like

Hanging the rug on the wall.

Cars are fun to drive fast, and a blast to drive hard. I guess I just never understood people that treated thier cars like pieces of art. Personel pref i guess no right or wrong , just an opinion.

I never keep a car past warranty anyways.

Users who are viewing this thread