read this thread for answers to the rumours about the new mgw handle....

MGW

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
OKAY YOU GUYS ARE KILLING ME HERE !!! :bash:

just kidding :thumbsup:

i hope i can make this as clear as possible because i think some may be missing the point.

1. ANY shifter that has been sent with a red or blue handle is the older design shifter. it works just fine with those handle conofigurations and always has.

2. if your shifter comes with the orange handle it is the new design. there will be no more red or blue. the new handle AND new center shaft design make this possible.

3. if you want to chage out your current shifter for the orange handle AND you want the height of your BLUE handle you will need to send back the shifter for the upgrade detailed in the above post.

4. if you have a BLUE handle now and want to get a better reach the ORANGE handle will work fine with an OLDER design shifter as it basically will work like the RED handle.

regards
george

p.s. concerning the picture of the boot. you need to pull the boot down in the BACK of the handle. not try to pull it down by the knob area. it is VERY eveident there is a wrinkle there and it WILL smooth out if you pull down ion the very back so the extra boot material pulls around the handle back side/

SnakeBit

Mid-Life Crisis my ass!
Established Member
Yet again George, you show what a class act you are. :beer:
You've already got the best shifter on the market yet you improve it AND give your existing customers an upgrade route. You're the best!

03Cobra-Vert

Established Member
Just ordered mine this morning :banana: .... I didn't even see that there was a 'NEW' orange handle .. till after I ordered :eek: , I was reading more posts looking for pics of the install ... I about had a heart attack.. I made a quick call and she reassured me that mine would be the NEW design... wheeeewwwww :-D

From the looks of the new design.. George.. You da' MAN!! :bowdown:

svtxchinoy said:
Gonna drop in some RP Synchromax while I'm at it and give the car a fresh run.

Ok, What is "RP Synchromax", and should I get it?

This forum ROCKS!!! :beer:

Now... does anyone have a recommended cure for my wife thinking I'm carzy :rolling: for spending more money and changing parts on a new car??? :rollseyes

03Cobra-Vert

Established Member
Ok, figured it out about the RP Synchromax..... I just ordered 6qt on Ebay for $46 shipped!! :thumbsup:

Ok.. is there ANYTHING else you guys would recommend getting while I'm at it?? :D

Users who are viewing this thread