read this thread for answers to the rumours about the new mgw handle....

shaolinmonk777

Established Member
im am perfectly happy with my blue handle. i dont know why people copmplain about it being akward. i just love it. :beer:

MGW

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
badboy said:
Can we just box it up and send it to you or do we need some sort of RMA number? How do we do the payment?

box it up and please pack it well so it does not get damaged. we will do the same. you can just send it in with a letter and have us call you for a credit card
if you like.

turnaround should only be a few days . BUT please please strongly consider that this is NOT going to be some HUGE drastic improvemtn over the current design. i really do not want anybody being duped into thinking that this new design is so much better than it was. its better but worth another 75.00 maybe maybe not :shrug:

regards
george

TRBO VNM

george, it appears there is a new handle as well right? can we use just the handle on the old design? would there be any benefit to that even if it is minor? I use the blue handle 24/7 right now, having the knob tilted a tad towards me would be great.

20-COBRA-03

Banned
That sucks @$$ after i just recieved my red handle. So, would the throws be short with the orange handle or similar?

MGW

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
if you would use this handle on an old design shifter it would basically be exactly the same as the red handle just with the added offset. so if you have a blue handle now and want a better reach this handle would work. if you like the blue handle on the old shifter this may be too tall for you.

and 20 03 cobra- check your red handle, it may in fact have the offset in it as we changed that aspect a week or so ago even on the red handle.

again to repeat this in no way makes any real performance chnges whatsoever to the older design.

i could easily do like other shady companies and hike the price 10 bucks and say

WOW!!!! NEW IMPROVED BETTER THAN EVER AWESOME GREAT SPECTACUYLAR NEW SHIFTER HANDLE MUST HAVE!!!!

but i suspect you guys are just a bit smarter than that :thumbsup:

regards
george

chuckstang

Established Member
cool, so now when you call up and order...there is just one choice of a handle and shifter???
I like it like that,because I can never make up my mind lol (Now, you did it for me)

Big_Torch

Banned
MGW said:
but i suspect you guys are just a bit smarter than that :thumbsup:

regards
george

Im glad the cobra community has a good share of honest and hard working guys like you. Thanks to george for making a great thing even better.

Cobra_Commander

Established Member
George,
I ordered an MGW shifter w/ a blue handle on wednesday, but it hasn't come up on my credit card yet. If the shifter hasn't shipped yet I wanted to change it for the updated shifter and handle. If the order didn't go through I guess I'll just place another one, but how do I make sure I get the updated handle if I want to order it before the site is updated?

Last edited:

MGW

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Cobra_Commander said:
George,
I ordered an MGW shifter w/ a blue handle on wednesday, but it hasn't come up on my credit card yet. If the shifter hasn't shipped yet I wanted to change it for the updated shifter and handle. If the order didn't go through I guess I'll just place another one, but how do I make sure I get the updated handle if I want to order it before the site is updated?

do me a favor and call peggy or julie monday to make sure they have your order. if it was ordered this week it got the orange handle so no worries.

george

20-COBRA-03

Banned
So you mean if my red handles threads on the end are angled back instead of pointing 90 degrees up, i have the new design? It says it was packaged 7/7.

skippy32

Established Member
george hats off to you for your honesty.
p.s. you shipped me a coulpe of springs about a month ago.big improvement and the hang up in neutral is gone.
thanks again

Last edited:

shocker 420

Established Member
wait, so I was thinking about getting the blue MGW shifter but, should I just get this one? Or is this one just like the red one, but tilted back? :??: :shrug:

MGW

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
shocker 420 said:
wait, so I was thinking about getting the blue MGW shifter but, should I just get this one? Or is this one just like the red one, but tilted back? :??: :shrug:

the handle itself is similar in height to the red handle. BUT the shifter shaft has been lowered so the height ends up being the same as the BLUE handle. you basically now have the hieght of the BLUE with the reach of the RED.

regards
george

SWEET! Count me in for one! When can I order?

I have the Red Handle with the MGW shifter and the boot bezel is very off I tried to fix it for hours but this is the best I could do:

DCP_4678.jpg

DCP_4676.jpg

DCP_4675.jpg

I hope with the new handle it looks better than this, the boot is pushed all the way down but the bezel is still messed up.

So no more need for "Red" or "Blue" handle? JUst one now, "Orange" handle :D

P.S.: Do I have the new shifter?? All I need now is the Orange?

CobraMods-MGWShifter.gif

Last edited:

TRBO VNM

nikemason,

your problem might be the boot alignment. it appears that it has twisted from the looks of it in that pic. I have had the red and blue handle on mine and have had no issues like this. I do know that when you tighten the knob it will start to twist the boot with it. When you get to this point or right before it, twist the boot the opposite way and then tighten the knob. And also at the same time as tightening the knob try to hold the boot so it doesn't twist or if it does, not that much.

You can look at the stitching and basically there are 4 peices stitched together. They should line up to the 4 corners of the car. That is the best description I think I can give. Either way, I never had mine come out looking like that.

good luck.

Cobra_Commander

Established Member
MGW said:
do me a favor and call peggy or julie monday to make sure they have your order. if it was ordered this week it got the orange handle so no worries.

george

After I posted I checked my answering machine. George had called to inform me that they had sent me the new design and it had already shipped. Top knotch customer service, no company has ever responded that quick. If their shifter is anything as good as their service then I just got the best shifter on the market! :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread