Ready For Street Outlaws? 7 sec small tire'd Twin Turbo LSX Firebird

72SBC

Established Member
Well they mostly run 1/8 and they used to run mid to high 4's

Last edited:

19935.slow

Established Member
Well they mostly run 1/8 and they used to run mid to high 4's
The very middle of the list is high 4's to 5.0's; but they all put passes just as fast down on the street.

Does this firebird get down the street as easy as it does at the track?

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
Either way, that's dang quick.
What are those "Street Outlaw" guys running in the 1/4 anyway? I've not seen...

Top half of the list is running a hell of a lot faster than 7's. They may be on TV and the drama may be fake, but the cars are the real deal.

flattrack53

Established Member
Aren't the street outlaws cars trapping around 160 in the 1/8? And this firebird is only trapping 180... it doesn't stand a chance

Fast Willy

Established Member
Again, while these cars are the real deal. They should just change the name of the show at this point. 1) they aren't street cars in the slightest sense and 2 they don't really race on normal streets. They race on a road specific built for the show. I get it the cars need a nice setup to try and make safe solid pass. Isn't that why most of us preach going to the tracks now?

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
The only thing "street" is the fact that pavement is involved. I wish they didn't even pretend to race on the "street" at this point.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
Always loved the Firebird

Nice edit. Maybe you should make sure you know why you're talking about before posting.

Again, while these cars are the real deal. They should just change the name of the show at this point. 1) they aren't street cars in the slightest sense and 2 they don't really race on normal streets. They race on a road specific built for the show. I get it the cars need a nice setup to try and make safe solid pass. Isn't that why most of us preach going to the tracks now?

The roads aren't built for the show but they are closed and prepped. Anyone with half a brain can see that they aren't racing on open public roads. Even still, bare pavement sprayed with VHT is hardly a desirable surface for cars at this level. The cars are badass and setup right no matter how you slice it, regardless of any fabrication by the TV.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread