Real Estate Market Slump

saleenkid01

Established Member
Just wondering how long everyone thinks this slump is going to last and when the market will begin to at least level off?

Biggieman

03-04 parts for sale
Established Member
Predictions said 2009 awhile back. With things being bad now, and getting worse, I'd probably say even longer.

^ for the economy in general to (start to) rebound. the housing market on the other hand has proven to be quite sluggish in comparison. could (unfortunately) take years to recover.

Common

Established Member
Slump?

We passed the "slump" stage about 8 months ago, this is a disaster stage now, real estate wise.

Wishing4Cobra

Established Member
I heard its gonna go down further, so definitely its time to invest in the housing market soon.

Common

Established Member
its a buyers market here

Not really, it is nobody's market at this point. Nobody is buying or selling.

Buyers are waiting for the prices to go even lower at this point.

People are very very careful with their money these days, esp with a big purchase like this.

Slump?

We passed the "slump" stage about 8 months ago, this is a disaster stage now, real estate wise.

I know I'm going to take a lot of heat for this...but I have been fervently praying for a complete housing crash so I can finally buy the house of my dreams in the Poconos. Sorry fellas, but I have grown tired of the fools that drove the housing market prices through the roof with their preposterous bids. I'm going to eat the scraps from the real estate table. :rockon:

Common

Established Member
I know I'm going to take a lot of heat for this...but I have been fervently praying for a complete housing crash so I can finally buy the house of my dreams in the Poconos. Sorry fellas, but I have grown tired of the fools that drove the housing market prices through the roof with their preposterous bids. I'm going to eat the scraps from the real estate table. :rockon:

:lol:

I am looking into Beltzville state park area of Lehighton PA. It's a nice place and close to some family and a great park and a lake.

1hr-15min away from us.

For about 225k, a house younger than 15 years can be had with all the goodies, central heat and ac, etc etc.

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member

Nothing wrong with wanting a deal.

It just sucks because it is effecting other things, like new development production which then effects jobs like construction, engineering and my field surveying. That's the only reason I really am down about it.

Nothing wrong with wanting a deal.

It just sucks because it is effecting other things, like new development production which then effects jobs like construction, engineering and my field surveying. That's the only reason I really am down about it.

I hear you brother. While I am selfish with my housing desires...I do not like what this has done to a part of the construction business. Hopefully its a short term flatline for guys that do your type of work. It will pick up again but it could be some time.

Juruense

Banned
Check this out, my house is for sale right now and I priced it at the top of the range the agent said it would get.

Needless to say I am not expecting it to sell anytime soon... :(

This is it, listed at 129,900:
DSC00038-1.gif

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
I hear you brother. While I am selfish with my housing desires...I do not like what this has done to a part of the construction business. Hopefully its a short term flatline for guys that do your type of work. It will pick up again but it could be some time.

Well luckily I am going to be "OK" because our company just picked up several consulting contracts for the DOT worth over 5 billion dollars so I have been taking schooling for the past few months to become an inspector for the highway projects. I will probably be starting next month. It's getting bad for everyone in the surveying field so I don't want any part in it until things get better.

Common

Established Member
Check this out, my house is for sale right now and I priced it at the top of the range the agent said it would get.

WOW. Great house, that would go for about 450-550-625k(even) in my "neck of the woods".

Last edited:

DSC00038-1.gif

Is this a sick joke to torment the Jerzey boyz? You're telling me that the $129,900 price is all you're asking for? Boy do I hate where I live. I kid you not...if you're in the right part of Jerzey that house will go for $250k - $300k in our state. Bro that house is gorgeous. My kind of place.

SVT F15O

Rest night.
Established Member
Slump>?!?!? Everything around here is still double what it was 6 years ago. The house posted above would be in the 400K range here. It is sick. I am waiting on the slump to hit so I can make a purchase.

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member

Probably because it had a Honda in the garage. :) (JK)

That's a nice house, and a shame. Defiantly a crippled market.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread