Real pics of the 05 uncovered

03CobraBro

Established Member
Not to get us off topic... but the 3rd pic from the top of the Mustang II... What in gods name were they thinking? Its like amissions made the power plants crappy, so Ford decided to make the car as a whole crappy.

Also about the concept in comparison to the real deal... What really kills the rear is how they didnt keep the rear fascia exhaust cut outs.

I am glad though that the new Mustang has some flaws. For awhile there I was getting worried the New Edge SN95's were going to get swept under the rug pretty quick with a car looking as good as that concept (with the acception of the tail lights)

Last edited:

03CobraBro

Established Member
I can see where they're comming from with the retro looking fog lights...

ford-65-mustang-003.jpg

Now if the fog lights werent quite as large in comparison to the regular headlights it would be a perferectly accurate representation of the fog lights of old.

SVTman74

stupid people make me mad
Established Member
I know where those where takin at and well I have seen it in person, but I would never post pics, who ever took those pics will get canned if ford found out. not a smart thing to do in my book.

03CobraBro

Established Member
Originally posted by SVTman74
I know where those where takin at and well I have seen it in person, but I would never post pics, who ever took those pics will get canned if ford found out. not a smart thing to do in my book.

There have been about 5 posts recently pop up with these spy shots... I think one of the articles in one of em did mention the guy did get fired from Ford.

Im happy he decided to sacrifice his job for 3 to 4 months of insight :D

WontBSlow

Established Member
Haven't decided if I like the exterior just yet, but surprisingly I actually dig the interior. I like the gauge cluster, but think they should have placed the Tach front and center, but that's just me.

SnakeR

Established Member
Noticed that the mufflers are now under the rear bumper close to the exit pipes.

Can anyone make out what those are taking up the spots where the mufflers are currently? Looks like there is some heat reflective cladding on those new pieces.

Boomer v3.8

Established Member
Yeah, its called the gas tank ;)

From what someone said is that the mufflers are out the back..
what you see underneath is the housing for the spare...and up farther is a 2 part gastank... one part on each side of the driveshaft

SnakeR

Established Member
Hey, I thought so!

I'm wondering if there's some sort of equalizing pipe to draw from each tank equally.

I guess Ford got tired of getting blamed for fuel tank leakages after rear-end collisions. Should also get better weight balance and better suspension tuning for the various tank fill levels.

SVTman74

stupid people make me mad
Established Member
its not a 2 part gas tank. Its one piece, look under any Lincoln LS, Ford T-bird . The mustang is on the same platform as these cars and will be set up the same. The tank straddles the drive shaft infromt of the diff. The only thing I see in the rear view pics is the mufflers themselves, but also unlike the lincoln LS the gt will probably have a live axle.

Users who are viewing this thread