Real world numbers I can expect

Flowrida2480

Established Member
Hey all, I am going to be purchasing a stang soon and I am some what knowledgable about mustangs but need some advice from some on here who have more experience with personally modifiying.

I am looking at purchasing at either a 96-01 cobra, I know the 99-01 cobra puts out more power.

I am going to kind of write down what I want to do ahead of time so that I can have some kind of a plan to follow. My question is what kind of rwhp numbers can i expect with the following upgrades below. I am specifically looking for info on performance numbers as I can handle things like suspension, drivetrain on my own. My goal is 350-375 rwhp, from what I have read that number should be ok to keep the bottom end and stock drive train but please correct me if im wrong. You'll notice i am adding no power adders just yet as this will be my first mustang and want to build in stages.

would i be able to reach those numbers with the following mods below? Anything else you would recommend.

Heads
Cam
Intake
CAI
Good tune/tuner
Underdrive pullies
throttle body
intake plenum
injectors
Full exhaust (long tubes, offroad x or h and free flowing catback)
new plugs and wires

Thanks in advance for the advice!!!!!

UncleAnt

Established Member
For the cost of a decent set of cams and a ported head setup you could just do a supercharger and have alot more room to grow

Users who are viewing this thread