Real world wish list

JETSOLVER

Where is Coletti?
Established Member
k gang;lets try and use our thinking toques here and build a real world list of things we feel SVT could do in the short period of time B4 job 1. I think existing customers that really plan on buying one of these things can be an asset to the poeple who have keept the faith. Keep in mind that totally reengineering the car is not feasible and they have real fuel economy,weight,crash testing,etc things that have to be done. Also we have to be prepared to pay both financially and otherwise for compromise. My 2cents (actually $40k+ I have already put aside ) 1. move tweak or otherwise leave room for more rear tire. Traction is going to be an issue,and they prob can't leave out the trac control for legal reasons. 2.weight. If I had to pay an extra 1000 for an aluminum block I figure it would pay for itself in economy and other ways so we won't have to do the heavy lifting ourselves. Have fun, be real, please don't waste space that belongs in other threads and I will put on my fire retardant drawers now :rockon:

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
I'll say it again as I have in another post. This car must have the 2.3l whipple. Another eaton powered car will not do it for me. Whipple me and I dont care what the car weighs as people are speculating.. With an I/C/P/E 700 rwhp is doable. I'll take a weight penalty for power like that. Once again this car needs the Whipple to justify the price hike and not a plain jane Eaton M112 roots blower. No Twin screw, no purchase for me.

WraithCobra

Don't want a GT500
Established Member
big reg said:
I'll say it again as I have in another post. This car must have the 2.3l whipple. Another eaton powered car will not do it for me. Whipple me and I dont care what the car weighs as people are speculating.. With an I/C/P/E 700 rwhp is doable. I'll take a weight penalty for power like that. Once again this car needs the Whipple to justify the price hike and not a plain jane Eaton M112 roots blower. No Twin screw, no purchase for me.

It is a twin screw, the same one used on the GT.

http://www.whipplesuperchargers.com/news.asp?articleID=57

WraithCobra

Don't want a GT500
Established Member
Optional IRS, stripe optional, $helby name on rear delete, optional 5 spoke wheels, power seats need memory or just replace them with lighter manual rail racing seats, remote lock flashes marker lights like my Ranger, auto lock at 5mph as in other vehicles, speed sensitive wipers, if the supercharger pulley is indeed clutched then reprogram the traction control to not be so damn intrusive, I'll think of more...

Great8

Pulley-less in Motown
Established Member
I'll take numerically lower gear ratios in 5th and 6th gears.
3.55:1 gears wouldn't hurt.
I like the perforated inserts on the seats over the current inserts.
Make sure the radio is MP3 capable (if the '05 GT doesn't have one already).
A large enough heat exchanger (so I don't have to buy an aftermarket one).
HID headlamps (optional).
If they don't/can't have these features, I'll take one anyway.

Terminator

Established Member
I want this!
shelbytail1rg.jpg

It's not a Shelby without it.
Alum. block & IRS.

Great8

Pulley-less in Motown
Established Member
big reg said:
You are right info right now indicates it is a twin screw. But call SVT and the line you will get is the supercharger manufacturer is up in the air and has not been finalized. Thats the source of my skepticism.

If they don't put a Whipple on it, I'll keep my '03.

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
Wider tires, GT heads, rods and pistons, that's it for me! and keep the price under 40k.

Last edited:

E. Green Cobra

Bounced in the 1st!
Established Member
I'd like an aluminum block, the 00R rotating assembly(carillo rods/forged flattops) the 00R/05GT heads, and the 00R intake- you boys can have your blown version- but i want a lightweight N/A OPTION!!!!!!

1999-COBRA-6661

[S]pecial[V]ehicle[T]eam
Established Member
A GT-500 needs functional rear break cooling scoops, and the rear window scoops. Shelby taillights would be nice aswell. I would really like to see IRS as an option.

How about a GT-350 with an all aluminum 5.4 N/A and IRS?

Last edited:

cdn_99_cobra

Established Member
The wheels need to be redesigned. Different brake lights would be nice but too expensive and difficult to do, probably in 2 or 3 years when they make minor cosmetic changes. Power seats with memory is a great idea, also a traction control that stays in the last position instead of default on everytime you start. Painted side view mirrors. How about some stereo options this time, I was very disappointed that a GT could get a mach 1000 upgrade but a cobra cannot.

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member
1999-COBRA-6661 said:
A GT-500 needs functional rear break cooling scoops, and the rear window scoops. Shelby taillights would be nice aswell. I would really like to see IRS as an option.

How about a GT-350 with an all aluminum 5.4 N/A and IRS?

A Shelby GT-350 with an aluminum block, a really GOOD IRS and a few hundred less pounds is a GREAT idea. Live axle 500 for the big HP drag racers and world-class handling for the 350 crowd. Then everybody's happy, right? Listening Carroll??

crazyhorse06

Established Member
better seats. I like the quality looking leather, but, make them more supportive for the turns. I plan on turning this car pretty hard.

Fatter rear tires and keep the twin screw. The twin screw is a big selling point for me.

Last edited:

xbolt68stang

09 GT500
Established Member
Aluminum block, wider rear tires, 67,68 style taillights, rear brake and side window scoops, less than 3500 pounds, and 495HP.

The above would cover it for me. Heck, they could even raise the price to 45K if they did.

crispy23c

SVT Chupacabra
Established Member
Convertible with a real roll bar;
Aluminum block (I'll pay the difference);
Whipple Charger (twin screw, of course);
Wider flares in the rear;
Functional brake cooling scoops on the side;
Shelby Taillights (1967, please)

Last edited:

AbusiveWombat

Established Member
Standard Features:
- HID headlights
- Shift light & buzzer (like Mazda RX8 or STi)
- Onboard computer: outside temp, projected range, mpg...etc
- Seats with shoulder holes to allow 4/5 point harness. Seats like the VW R32, SRT4, or EVO VIII would be very welcome.
- Tire pressure monitor
- larger tires...275-295
- body colored side mirrors and rocker pannels (black plastic doesn't go over very well for a ~40k car)
- integrated stereo antenna into rear window

Optional Features:
- navigation
- T-top or sunroof

I would also love to see some sort of weight reduction. Most of the features I've listed above are fairly cheap and standard on many cars in this price range. It's the little things that make a good car a great car.

Stability control like the C6 would be nice.

Last edited:

Snake Eyes

Established Member
Here is my list, I may think of a few more.

Exterior Changes
GT-R front valiance (there are subtle but important differences)
Amber tail lights (99/01 cobra amber turn signals)
Painted lower rocker panels
Painted foldable side mirrors
Wider rear wheels and tires
Enlarge the hood vents
.50 6th gear

Interior Changes
MP3 capable CD player
Power seat memory
5MPH door locks
Traction control switch with last position memory
Multiple accent color choices (not just red)
Auto dimming rearview mirror with homelink, compass, and dual temp

Options
IRS (very important)
GT-R HID headlights
Chrome wheels

Available Deletes
Shelby Letters
Stripes
Spoiler

Long shots
Aluminum block
Larger rear fender flairs