Realistic improvements

jerrytubbs1

Established Member
I have a few ?????????'s
Its an auto 06 mustang gt.It has Airrade cai and a tune.Dyno'd 268/271 at Jim's
The car currently runs (with me driving) 13.33-13.48 with a best of 13.23.....60' times are around2.10-2.14. It traps 101-103

With Sherry driving it runs 13.45-13.70's best of 13.38 60' 2.15-2.25 at 102-104

Thats on its factory tires with 3.55's.....

Would just changing to my slicks, give it a better time?It spins alot on the 17" Pirellas

Would 4.10's give it much of an improvement over factory gears?

If I was to add a 150 shot with my 15" bogarts and slicks skinnies up front (weight savings app. 70 lbs.), what would a realistic improvement be?
Then say to that add 4.10's and a converter????? Aluminum d/s also

On a another note,would the stock con. and tranny and rearend take the 150 shot with slicks?

I would like to get your opinions on it.

blue3v

Established Member
not real sure about the 150 shot and the amount of possible damage but throwing the slicks on there should help out especialy if you are blowing through the stock tires.

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
Tires will definitely help. REspectable times though, IMO.

Oh, and I thought 06 GT Auto's were 3.31s? Teach me yoda's.

96supersnake

Established Member
Stock gearing for autos are the 3.31's, slicks will help , since you never got your 60' under 2.10 , 4.10's , converter , and alm. drive shaft got MM&FF 12.50's i think , so that is probably your best bet , if you want all out . I would try the slicks .4.10's and the drive shaft , and see what they get you , that is going to be my combo i try. Hot rod Harry has a thread in this section with his auto running 12.8's ,I think with 4.10's , a.l. d.s and slicks. I have ran a 13.5 , with my auto with just , mufflers and untuned intake , so their is a lot more to be had with the auto cars! Keep us updated , because this is great for me.

dizzygoat

Established Member
wow im really surprised what these cars are capable of in near stock trim.
What is the weight of these cars? I thought they were pigs, or is it just the GT500 that everyone is complaining about the weight?
If they are running these times more or less stock, then a Ford Racing supercharger should get it into high 11's or low 12's at least right?

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
That's what I thought.....The op mentioned 3.55s, so I second guessed myself.

I vaguely recall reading somewhere that the 3.55s became the norm for both trannys after 07 (?) or am I just recalling that wrong. I know...I should google it. LOL

BTW Silver....why do the dealers around you install 3.55s over stock 3.31s? That makes no sense to me.

EDIT: NVD..I had that backwards....I guess?....shit I'm still confused I guess.....I'm tired. LOL

Fifth-generation Ford Mustang - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:

jerrytubbs1

Established Member
Thanks for the input.I think I'm gonna take it 1 mod at a time, even tho thats gonna be hard. Its actually getting lowered with the eibach sportline, thats like a 2 inch drop in the back and 1.5 up front I think. After that I'll get some baselin runs again and week by week go to the track and add mods.This way I can see what the true gains are.

I think we are going full out slicks first.Bogart 15x10 with MT 28x10.5x15 stiff sidewall and bogart 4" skinnies up front. Then I'll go gears then d/s,stahl and finally the 150 shot. I wont change any other susp. stuff until the shot goes on.And see how it goes from there.

Users who are viewing this thread