REALLY? Say it ain't so!!

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
To all my brothers in arms in my Sister Service (ARMY) - please tell me your "receiving" isn't this weak!

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_TlXlo1YUQ&feature=related"]Marine Corps Receiving Vs Army Reception - YouTube[/nomedia]

megameGT500

Suck it up and drive on!!
Established Member
It wasn't that way in 1989 when I enlisted. When I was a CDR in 2004 I had a Soldier face a court martial and found guilty for smoking (multiple offenses) during basic training. He spent 14 days in the Regional Confinement Facility and was DH discharged. 12 months later I had 2 Soldiers steal a fellow Soldiers ATM card and PIN. They cleaned his account out by withdrawing over 2K dollars. Both faced a court martial and were allowed to remain in the Army. When I was asked why these Soldiers should be found guilty and not allowed to graduate basic training? I replied "They broke every Army value and living the Army values is a prerequisite for graduation." The next question was: Other than breaking every Army value, is there any reason these Soldiers should be punished? Needless to say they remained in. But that is an example of the transition the accessions part of the Army has been going through.

Last edited:

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
It wasn't that way in 1989 when I enlisted. When I was a CDR in 2004 I had a Soldier face a court martial and found guilty for smoking (multiple offenses) during basic training. He spent 14 days in the Regional Confinement Facility and was DH discharged. 12 months later I had 2 Soldiers steal a fellow Soldiers ATM card and PIN. They cleaned his account out by withdrawing over 2K dollars. Both faced a court martial and were allowed to remain in the Army. When I was asked why these Soldiers should be found guilty and not allowed to graduate basic training? I replied "They broke every Army value and living the Army values is a prerequisite for graduation." The next question was: Other than breaking every Army value, is there any reason these Soldiers should be punished? Needless to say they remained in. But that is an example of the transition the accessions part of the Army has been going through.

Not to mention what those two soldier did was a felony offense. That alone is not up to Army standard. Although in 05 I think you could get a waiver for certain felony offenses. Those two bastards should have spent time in LW. No way I would feel ok with having them on a patrol with me.

megameGT500

Established Member
Not to mention what those two soldier did was a felony offense. That alone is not up to Army standard. Although in 05 I think you could get a waiver for certain felony offenses. Those two bastards should have spent time in LW. No way I would feel ok with having them on a patrol with me.

That was my big picture argument. If they could do this in a controlled environment, imagine what they would do in a line unit.

BTW on the bright side MARINE is an actual acronym:
Muscles
Are
Required
Intelligence
Non-
Essential
Just having a little fun with the Devil Dogs.

scottminot

Established Member
That was my big picture argument. If they could do this in a controlled environment, imagine what they would do in a line unit.

Muscles
Are
Required
Intelligence
Non-
Essential

USMC

United
States
Masturbating
Champions

jliddle

Established Member
Found this on there as well.. [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TK0EeaI3N1c&feature=related"]!!RAW FOOTAGE!! Army Reception Station !!WOW!! HD - YouTube[/nomedia]

M - My
A - Ass
R - Rides
I - In
N - Navy
E - Equipment

Fuerza

Established Member
I'd say that's about right in this day and age. Army Drill SGT's are quickly becoming obsolete. Almost all transition BN's have regular SGT's doing the reception BN jobs. Drill SGT's do the 9 week BCT, AIT is now taught by SGT's at almost every training station.

megameGT500

Established Member
USMC

United
States
Masturbating
Champions

Good one. I have never heard that one. My wife is ex navy and was married to a Marine. About 18 years ago he was killed in a drunken driving accident. He got too drunk and accidently drove into a tree. He was great guy. I was friends with his brother who was in the Army with me. I enjoy poking fun with other the services but will never have an ill will attitude towards any service. The Marines were my first choice when I went to the recruiter but had surgery on my right knee and the Marine recruiter said I could not join and by the time the dust settled the Army accepted me. It is what is and I have enjoyed every deployment I have been on because I have had the opportunity to work with USMC/Navy/AF personnel. :beer:

megameGT500

Established Member
I'd say that's about right in this day and age. Army Drill SGT's are quickly becoming obsolete. Almost all transition BN's have regular SGT's doing the reception BN jobs. Drill SGT's do the 9 week BCT, AIT is now taught by SGT's at almost every training station.

The Army has pretty much given up on the One Station Unit Training (OSUT) and seperated the BCT and AIT BDE's.

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member

Muscles
Are
Required
Intelligence
Non-
Essential

LOL... it's all good. I always heard that Army stood for Ain't Ready For Marines Yet.:beer:

Or Grunt- Ground Ready Usually Not Trained.

megameGT500

Established Member
LOL... it's all good. I always heard that Army stood for Ain't Ready For Marines Yet.:beer:

Or Grunt- Ground Ready Usually Not Trained.

I know for a fact that Marines that are trained on FA are held to a higher standard. If it takes a Soldier a 70% to pass a written test the Marine standard is 80%.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
I know for a fact that Marines that are trained on FA are held to a higher standard. If it takes a Soldier a 70% to pass a written test the Marine standard is 80%.
I can ask my sniper buddies about written tests but after watching Surviving the Cut, I noticed it was easier to be a sniper in the Army.

Also in the Marine episodes one of my buddies is there taking the course, if I remember correctly I think it was filmed around 2 years ago.

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member

Yup- all of our tests are an 80% minimum to pass. Except for some of the "Chiefs" courses where it's 85%.

I really do think the Corps should have some sort of testing for advancement though to ensure MOS proficiency etc...... but it is what it is. My Father in Law is a retired SFC and my dad was a Major in the AF. I don't hate the other branches at all. Sure there is inter-service rivalry but at the end of the day WE are not each others enemies (like some in the thread seem to think)... it's not that serious folks!! If you start thinking of your sister services as the enemy it's time for YOU to find a new line of work.

megameGT500

Established Member
Sure there is inter-service rivalry but at the end of the day WE are not each others enemies (like some in the thread seem to think)... it's not that serious folks!! If you start thinking of your sister services as the enemy it's time for YOU to find a new line of work.

+1 Each branch has its own idiosyncrasies and the members of that branch "adapt and overcome". But the bottom line is that the pride each branch has within its ranks not only provides our drive to do our best it is also one of the reasons we are the BEST Military in the world.

Users who are viewing this thread