Really? This Qualifies For "Stand Your Ground"

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Hahahha.

You guys that think his life was in danger have never been in a real life threatening situation apparently. If dead guy wanted too, he would’ve followed through and been on him as he was hitting the ground.

I’ve been on both ends of the situation.

When was your last fight? 5th grade?

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
It is not what I or you think, it is what he felt. Don't play that badass shhit in FL, never know when you get trolled into a casket.

I remember some cholo punk causing shit in our apartment complex. Bowing up and talking some gang crap. I asked him how would he feel if I were rasining hell in his neighborhood. We talked a bit and helped diffuse his anger at people not wanting to get any more booze. I let him know the community was mostly military and he would likely bring the police here. He chilled after a bit a went his merry way. Glad I did not have to shoot the kid, he was ok after talked. But he was ready to explode for about 10 minutes.

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
It is not what I or you think, it is what he felt. Don't play that badass shhit in FL, never know when you get trolled into a casket.

I remember some cholo punk causing shit in our apartment complex. Bowing up and talking some gang crap. I asked him how would he feel if I were rasining hell in his neighborhood. We talked a bit and helped diffuse his anger at people not wanting to get any more booze. I let him know the community was mostly military and he would likely bring the police here. He chilled after a bit a went his merry way. Glad I did not have to shoot the kid, he was ok after talked. But he was ready to explode for about 10 minutes.

Now I understand why your such a staunch defender of the shooter.

Looking to put a notch in your own gun?

DaleM

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Now I understand why your such a staunch defender of the shooter.

Looking to put a notch in your own gun?

If he would have pulled a gun I would have dropped him without hesitation. I handled it differently because I did not want it to escalate. El Paso has a weird gang problem and I just did not want drunken blabber mouth to bring his homies to do their manly drive bys.

_Snake_

Established Member
Hahahha.

You guys that think his life was in danger have never been in a real life threatening situation apparently. If dead guy wanted too, he would’ve followed through and been on him as he was hitting the ground.

I’ve been on both ends of the situation.

When was your last fight? 5th grade?

Or maybe some of us aren’t in a profession where armed back up is only a radio call away.

Mojo88

"Hammer" Time
Established Member
People have died from getting shoved to ground. That act in itself was life threatening. But the guy with gun should have kept his mouth shut and de-escalated any argument. Whenever I am armed I am EXCEEDINGLY careful to not start (or exacerbate) any altercations.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
People have died from getting shoved to ground. That act in itself was life threatening. But the guy with gun should have kept his mouth shut and de-escalated any argument. Whenever I am armed I am EXCEEDINGLY careful to not start (or exacerbate) any altercations.

walk softly and carry a big stick...you don't want to be portrayed as the aggressor in these scenarios.

C-Tidda

Established Member
Shooter is a bitch period. The shooter should've knuckled up if he was that mad. Like the ole saying goes, punks are quick to shoot because they have no hands.

DaleM

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Shooter is a bitch period. The shooter should've knuckled up if he was that mad. Like the ole saying goes, punks are quick to shoot because they have no hands.
Looks like one of the punk ass bitches is dead. The other is alive. I know where I would want to be.

March 5, 1836: “God Created Men and Sam Colt Made Them Equal!”

Samuel Colt’s revolver continues to serve as an equalizer. Being bigger, tougher and meaner than the next guy may not mean jack spit if the next guy carries a .357 in his waistband.

MG0h3

Established Member
Or maybe some of us aren’t in a profession where armed back up is only a radio call away.

Last guy that assaulted me got 18 months. Just me and him out in the brush. He was handled by the time back up got there.

You LE? If not, don’t comment on things you have no knowledge of.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

MG0h3

Established Member
How many CCW holders in here are supporting the shooter?

Serious question.

I know being LE I have more training, exposure, and I have to assume more capability and confidence to handle a similar situation without shooting.

Sorry Dale, not being a badass. Been knocked on my ass by subject two while I had subject 1 prone and cuffing him. Countless other events but that was probably the highest risk to me. Since I’m exposed and trained for this, I know my capabilities and can think and assess before blasting away.

Your boy obviously couldn’t.

I never really put much thought into how non LE would act in a lot of situations. Definitely something for me to think about during future encounters.

blk02edge

Established Member

Serious question.

I know being LE I have more training, exposure, and I have to assume more capability and confidence to handle a similar situation without shooting.

Sorry Dale, not being a badass. Been knocked on my ass by subject two while I had subject 1 prone and cuffing him. Countless other events but that was probably the highest risk to me. Since I’m exposed and trained for this, I know my capabilities and can think and assess before blasting away.

I never really put much thought into how non LE would act in a lot of situations. Definitely something for me to think about during future encounters.

Well every single pro shooter has said they would not follow his actions, therfore they really do think he was wrong, just cant admit it.

Ohio Snake

Established Member

Serious question.

Im CCW in Ohio and not LEO.

I “lean” toward the victim, but see both sides of this argument.

As stated earlier, we are making assumptions on a tragedy from what we see in the video and what the store owner and a bystander said in camera. We cant hear anything on the tape.

The gunman is using SYG saying he was defending himself by shooting the victim square in the chest ( a pure kill shot).

On the other hand, the girlfriend states her boyfriend came out of the store ( walking, after he was informed by another person that a guy was arguing with a woman in a car parked outside) to defend her and his family with non-lethal force. This defense also is meets SYG and he seemed to retreat.

The gunman is known by locals to be aggressive and “wanting to shoot somebody”. The victim is local and may had known this fact.

I lean towards the victim defending his family with non lethal force, possibly because he may know the aggressiveness of the gunman and he may be defending his family. I could not rule out the gunman was just pissed and shot to kill.

I would not be surprised the State intervenes and charges the gunman with manslaughter at a minimum. Unfortunately, race may become an issue in this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DaleM

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life

Serious question.

Like the sherrif I support the shooters right to defend against deadly force.

As an average citizen I don't have the luxury of wearing a sidearm in my hip in FL.

As a state we do not have a copy of on every corner or at every potential place where assaults occur. Like I said with my back and cspine injuries I would rather shoot the ****er than be paralyzed. My fist fighting days are over. Not everyone is a trained mma guru either. If the guy felt truly in fear then it is his call in this case as our laws allow.

I could not see myself in his situation though but looking at the ferocity of the shove, it may have struck fear in the shooter. Guess you should not assault armed guys in Florida, simple as that. Maybe the next badass will think things through.

MG0h3

Established Member
Well every single pro shooter has said they would not follow his actions, therfore they really do think he was wrong, just cant admit it.

Ya roger that.

I see people arguing about the law on this.

Odd as it may seem, I care more about right and wrong.

Ya, dead guy would get charged with assault if he were alive. Doesn’t make it a good shoot.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Sn95Snake

Established Member
The shooter was yelling at/threatening the victims girlfriend. Most men I know would not "mind their own business" at that point.

The man had threatened people in the past at that location to the point the owner of the business had to get law enforcement involved.

What a shame a Father had to lose his life in front of his 5 year old boy doing nothing more than defending his girlfriend by knocking an aggressive stranger to the ground. It was not like the victim jumped on the shooter and started pummeling him or was reaching in his clothes for a weapon.
The victim clearing started walking away with his hands in plain sight when the shooter decided to pull the trigger.

Cold blooded murder on the shooters part....

bglf83

Established Member

Serious question.

Serious question. If you are Texas law enforcement, why are you not aware of the law? You should know that no one has a right to physically attack someone else. Those actions have consequences. Minimum consequence is getting in a fight and going to jail. Max consequence is referenced here.

As you pointed out, we are not in the 5th grade, but we should all know to keep our hands to ourselves.

Lots of wrong occured here. If the shooter instigated the confrontation, he was in the wrong but he still did not make it physical. His right to defense started when it became physical.

Any of the 3 people involved could have deescelated this.

Dead guy is a criminal according to records posted above. Shooter could have known of the dangerous criminal attacking him as well.

Last edited:

MFE

Established Member
I'm CCW and carry regularly. I don't support the shoot personally, but I can see where he's within the law in HIS state, and I don't think the law needs changing. Sucks for all involved.

Users who are viewing this thread