Really? This Qualifies For "Stand Your Ground"

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
Nice try. I didn't defend either of them. I blamed them both. There's a difference.

You spoke in definite terms. It's your duty to comprehend what you're reading before commenting.

Not very smooth of you. Also an assumption on your part trying to tell me how I meant to write my post. Are you psychic?

Same applies to you.

You may step down from your high horse and stop thinking you're oh so special that each post is directly intended for you among others.

Next time I'll be sure to quote or tag you so there isn't any confusion. Do I have your permission?

Smooth

Well Seasoned
Established Member
Not very smooth of you. Also an assumption on your part trying to tell me how I meant to write my post. Are you psychic?

Same applies to you.

You may step down from your high horse and stop thinking you're oh so special that each post is directly intended for you among others.

Next time I'll be sure to quote or tag you so there isn't any confusion. Do I have your permission?
I'm glad you realized how wrong you were. I accept your apology.

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
Of course. Only armed civilians as highly trained as you can be correct. Peons like me are always wrong.

Good chat buddy. Thank you for your infinite wisdom sir.

Coiled03

Established Member
Right. Mr. Drejka had no duty to retreat and only need to reasonably fear in Danger of his life.

.. I still think he is a ****ing piece of shit psychopath

Totally agree. Like I said earlier, I don't think the guy deserved to get shot over what happened. Unfortunately, that doesn't necessarily make it an illegal shoot. People smarter than me when it comes to SYG laws will sort it out.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member

Same applies to you.

Your post originally said "any of you" which includes all of us. I see you went back and changed it to "many of you" now. It's ok to admit when you're wrong.

Klay

Established Member
Guy who made it physical made a big mistake, period. No need to watch the video.

The law does not require a person to take a beat down to defend himself.

It may not require a beat down but you are missing a key word "REASONABLE".

Being pushed and falling to the ground by itself does not constitute a reasonable fear in my opinion. If the guy had advanced after pushing him as in the case with Zimmerman, I could see it being a reasonable fear. Simply being pushed is a huge reach to say his life is in danger.

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
Your post originally said "any of you" which includes all of us. I see you went back and changed it to "many of you" now. It's ok to admit when you're wrong.

Spell check my friend.

Wrong that I typed the incorrect word and I fixed it.

I was straight forward and responded with a direct response explaining what I meant as I see it lead to confusion.

Smooth

Well Seasoned
Established Member
Of course. Only armed civilians as highly trained as you can be correct. Peons like me are always wrong.

Good chat buddy. Thank you for your infinite wisdom sir.
ParticipationTrophy.jpg

I hope you have room for it on the shelf with all your others.

scott9050

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Charged with displaying/brandishing a weapon?
Assault by pointing a gun. People drove by after he dropped the bat and called the cops. Fortunately he admitted to having the bat but claimed I aimed at him and then he went back to retrieve the bat. Prosecutor was studdering when she was through due to the stupidity of that claim.

Sent from my SM-N950U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Last edited:

Coiled03

Established Member
The shooter started this plain and simple. ****ing dbag.

Disagree. The dead guy and his family started it by parking illegally. It wasn't the shooter's place to enforce the law. But he wouldn't have to if they didn't break it to begin with.

_Snake_

Established Member
Assault by pointing a gun. People drove by after he dropped the bat and called the cops. Fortunately he admitted to having the bat but claimed I aimed at him and then he went back to retrieve the bat. Prosecutor was studdering when she was through due to the stupidity of that claim.

Sent from my SM-N950U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Sorry to hear you had to deal with that bs. Same thing almost happened to a friend's wife in a drive thru lane earlier this year. She wasn't charged, but it was incredibly stressful.

_Snake_

Established Member

Being pushed and falling to the ground by itself does not constitute a reasonable fear in my opinion. If the guy had advanced after pushing him as in the case with Zimmerman, I could see it being a reasonable fear. Simply being pushed is a huge reach to say his life is in danger.

You're downplaying the initial physical contact a bit. That shove was brutal.

Also, the Zimmerman case didn't involve a shove and an advance. Zimmerman was on his back getting the crap kicked out of him when he used deadly force.

Blown 89

Established Member

Expecting someone whose on the ground a mere 5 feet away from their assailant to wait for them to advance is absurd. That's a great way to get disarmed, beaten, or worse. The moment someone lays hands over you and stands over you you're ****ed. Anyone that thinks they aren't has clearly never been in that situation.

MG0h3

Established Member
Expecting someone whose on the ground a mere 5 feet away from their assailant to wait for them to advance is absurd. That's a great way to get disarmed, beaten, or worse. The moment someone lays hands over you and stands over you you're ****ed. Anyone that thinks they aren't has clearly never been in that situation.

Sort of but not necessarily. It is a vulnerable position though. Either way, he could have pulled the firearm to use to defend himself if needed. He didn't need to discharge it to defend himself as at the time of the shot there was not an active assault taking place.

And lets not pretend the dead guy was standing over him. He was half turned away and again, watch what his hands do when the gun comes out. Signal of surrender. I honestly don't think he was going to do anything else gun or not. If so, he likely would have pounced while the shooter was still going to the ground.

And lets forget who parked where or what the shooter has done in the past; irrelevant.

Klay

Established Member
You're downplaying the initial physical contact a bit. That shove was brutal.

Also, the Zimmerman case didn't involve a shove and an advance. Zimmerman was on his back getting the crap kicked out of him when he used deadly force.

I should have been more clear, in Zimmermans case, there was at least a reasonable threat as he was actually being attacked by being punched and Martin was on top of him. In this case, he was simply shoved. It is laughable you feel this is a life threatening move.

Are you kidding me? I've been in a fight where I wss stabbed (very minor). If I was armed, I dont know that I would have even shot as the person I was fighting with backed off immediately after that point. I'm in California, so we don't have stand your ground anyways.

You are the one who hasnt been in a real life threatening situation if you feel a shove is an actual reasonable reason to kill someone.

Blown 89

Established Member
You are the one who hasnt been in a real life threatening situation if you feel a shove is an actual reasonable reason to kill someone.
That shove was an escalation of force. It's reasonable to defend yourself against someone that has demonstrated they are willing to inflict harm on you whether you think so or not. That's why charges weren't brought on him.

_Snake_

Established Member
I should have been more clear, in Zimmermans case, there was at least a reasonable threat as he was actually being attacked by being punched and Martin was on top of him. In this case, he was simply shoved. It is laughable you feel this is a life threatening move.

What’s laughable is how you interpreted my post.

Where did I even imply that the shove was life threatening?

MG0h3

Established Member
What’s laughable is how you interpreted my post.

Where did I even imply that the shove was life threatening?

Isn’t that why people in here are saying using deadly force was justified?

So what exactly is the argument for shooting him then? Because the law allows it?

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread