rear axle alignment?

Wraith_2006

Established Member
what can cause a rear axle to shift?, i have found that mine is 1/2 inch to the left.... and causing rubbing on "extreamly hard turns" and is there away that I can prevent this?

venom1997

Screwed by the Twins
Established Member
all the stock rears are more to one side. Get an adjustable panhard bar, Hang a string (about 10 inches long) with a weight hanging. Tape it to the outsidefender/wheel opening about center with the wheel. Do this to both sides, then adjust the panhard bar and check with a measuing tape untill both side are even.

whtcobra1998

Jet Powered
Established Member
get better control arms with double adj uppers and solid diff bushings, you can move the axle side to side while setting pinion angle

SKMCOBRA

Just the Facts
Established Member
Yeh you need a panhard bar or at least new upper and lower control arms. Personally I would get stock replacement uppers unless it is only being used for drag racing. Get lowers with poly three piece bushings.

jumperjack

Established Member
Well I just got mine back under the car today and mine appears to be off but will see when i get it off the stands and suspension loaded. If you are saying yours is a 1/2" diff that actually means a 1/4" because if you move it a 1/4 one way you plus that on one side and subtract from the other side so it is only a 1/4" off center and that's not too bad.

Wraith_2006

Established Member
Thanks for the info, I am getting more into roadracing/autox and I am finding the weak points in my suspension

BMF42

Drive it like u STOLE IT
Established Member
Do you have uppers already? My uppers shifted on me after I went to the track. I had to get under the car and tighten up the adjustable uppers really tight. After that I had zero problems with the car.

Users who are viewing this thread