Rear brake calipers. Any?

Potentn2o

Established Member
This is kind of a question of looks for me but I'll ask anyway. Is there any upgrade for the rear calipers. I just got an 04. With the style of wheel that is on the car, it shows off the brakes very nice. I like the looks of the PBR caliper. I would like to add drilled rotors and maybe some SS lines to the mix, but all in all, I like the looks of the fronts.

The problem that I have is looking at the rears. They look cheap as f--k. Does PBR make a rear caliper that matches the front? Has anybody installed a second pair of front PBR's on the rear? Does anybody manufacture a set of four calipers that match.

Keep in mind I am kind of talking from an apperience point of view. Performance wise, I am very happy with the stock brakes. I just can't stand looking at the rear. I would just like to get a caliper on the rear that looks as impressive as the front.

I might be wrong but, doesn't the STI, EVO and other high end imports have nice Brembo's at all four corners? Doesn't the Vette have nice calipers out back as well as in the front?

Thanks for letting me rant a little, but this just bugs the hell out of me.

ShelbyGuy

Steers With the Throttle
Established Member
Eating a steady diet of government cheese, and liv
you dont want the same size front as rear since 80% of the braking is done by the front and not the rear.

baer makes a rear kit, but you would want a larger still front kit to keep the brake bias right.

the varga rear caliper actually is pretty good at what it does.

keep in mind that the vroom vroom people laugh at the bling bling people when you go for the bigger rear setup just so it looks better.

and i think you should walk up and take a look at those cars you cited. they all have a small rear caliper and disc compared to the front.

Last edited:

maliclipse

Enormous Member
Established Member
Wilwood makes a nice kit out back with an internal parking brake.

There aren't many super nice calipers (rear) that have provisions for a the ebrake cable so you have to get a parking brake separate on a different bracket and I heard those rattle. I'd like to have brembos front and rear myself too.

ShelbyGuy

Steers With the Throttle
Established Member
Eating a steady diet of government cheese, and liv
you sure its internal? dynalite2s dont have internal parking brake mechanism. what wilwood does is bundled a gokart caliper to use as e-brake. or at least thats what they did for me.

maliclipse said:
Wilwood makes a nice kit out back with an internal parking brake.

There aren't many super nice calipers (rear) that have provisions for a the ebrake cable so you have to get a parking brake separate on a different bracket and I heard those rattle. I'd like to have brembos front and rear myself too.

Users who are viewing this thread