rear brakes....

RickwithCobra

Established Member
Hey guys, so long story short, driver side rear brake locked up and I took it apart, and the little boots r sealed and working, and the caliper when not on the roter still decompressed when i stepped on the brake pedal and would compress using the key tool but only to where it was when I took it off and now will twist but not compress anymore. any body know whats wrong? is the caliper done?

SKMCOBRA

Just the Facts
Established Member
Hey guys, so long story short, driver side rear brake locked up and I took it apart, and the little boots r sealed and working, and the caliper when not on the roter still decompressed when i stepped on the brake pedal and would compress using the key tool but only to where it was when I took it off and now will twist but not compress anymore. any body know whats wrong? is the caliper done?

I know from experience that the rear caliper's pistons are tough to get completely seated. You have to turn clockwise and push really hard at the same time. I have no idea what may be wrong with it but they are cheap so just buy a new one.

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
brakes are important for safety and cheap to replace, so replace it, not worth the risk

Users who are viewing this thread