Rear bumper for my 99

RubberDuck

You even lift?
Established Member
Hey guys pretty new to mustangs especially the new edge cobras. Im purchasing a 99 cobra this weekend but it has a dumb V6 rear bumper on it. I guess the previous owner dumped the exhaust behind the axles then installed a v6 bumper without the cutouts because it looked "cleaner". So Im looking at purchasing a 03/04 bumper for it, found this one on ebay and wanted to get some feedback from you guys.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/99-00-01-FO...Parts_Accessories&hash=item2a46424388&vxp=mtr

Good price? Look like an authentic cobra bumper like advertised?

Thanks for any input.

RubberDuck

You even lift?
Established Member
'99 had a GT rear bumper; '01 had a GT bumper that said Cobra; '03-'04 had a model specific bumper. Hope that explains it properly. :)

Explains it perfectly, thanks for the education. Not sure which route I want to go.

If I do the 03/04 style then I have to get the 03/4 front bumper as well...then do whatever else is necessary to make it look like a terminator. It does have a terminator swap from an 04, but I was thinking of leaving it look like a 99/01 cobra so its somewhat of a sleeper, until they hear that whine. :rockon:

Charlington

Established Member
Ya, I'll take that 99 front bumper cover off your hands if you don't want it. :)

I'm building a 2000 Cobra Clone...

Users who are viewing this thread