Rear bumper stains

96SVT_2_NV

Established Member
ever since i put my O/r H pipe on ive been getting stains on the back bumper right above the tail pipes, ive been waxing the areas like every 2 weeks they keep coming back

also now there is like black crap that goes all the way to the trunk and i wash that every week or 2

question is is there anyway to get rid of this, is my car running rich is that why the stains are there?

JustaGT

N/A Ain't For Me!
Established Member
I don't have any problems and I have no cats.. You could be running rich like you said

96SVT_2_NV

Established Member
what can i do to fix this? Do i need to get it tuned? ANyone know of a good shop in NJ

mcaligiuri

Established Member
yup running rich, which is not always a bad thing, especially if you have a s/c or power adder. I have the same problem, i use mothers pre wax cleaner and rub the hell out of it. Then 3 step it, it seems to do the trick, I would have it tuned though, but its better rich than lean.

COBRASVT

Established Member
There is a very simple and easy way to get the stains off when they appear....believe it or not, wenol metal polish. Put a dab on to test it...takes the stain right off. Then wash / wax.

Users who are viewing this thread