Rear Bumper with Mach 1/Mach?

srt2X

Established Member
Hello,

Just as the title states, is there an aftermarket bumper that y'all have seen for the 03/04 Mach 1's? My father has been wondering if their is one out there. He no longer cares for the mustang lettering on the rear and thinks that one with the words mach will set his/all machs apart? I'm sure one can be customed made but am looking to see if any of you veterans on this forum have any info? Thankx in advance.

srt2X

Established Member
I've always wondered the same

Glad there are others looking for this modification thanks for your input.
Has anybody else brought this topic up before? I searched and could not find a thing on the subject. I've found a few threads with the terminator cobras deleting the letters,filling them, or just buying a base rear bumper or something to that affect.

sdg97232

Established Member
Yes this has been talked about before......cevinies at one time was going to produce a rear bumper that looked like the 03-04 cobras but had the mach text.........not enough interest in it for them to produce it so the idea was scrapped.

srt2X

Established Member
Maby we can peek their interest if we can get enough peeps to go along with the idea. Hopefully we could get a group buy going and they discount the bumpers. I assume cevinies is an approved vendor on this forum.

srt2X

Established Member
So pretty much safe to say the demand is here (5 interested already).

srt2X

Established Member
Just sent a lengthy email to cervinis. Hopefully I see an email from them soon. I will report back with new info. Lets see if we can get 5 more svtforums members in here really wanting this thing to happen so they see we are serious.

srt2X

Established Member
Bad news from cervini this is their reply....

Thank you for your interest, currently we are not seeking any private R&D projects. Currently our R&D department is booked for the next 18 months. It is something we will keep in mind. Thank you for your interest.

Ben Torres
Cervini's Auto Designs
1-800-488-6057 ext. 226
Aftermarket Auto Parts, Car Performance Parts - Cervini's Auto Designs

Are there any vendors on this site that would like to lend a hand? While we wait on an approved vendor, does anyon know about any other site or company that may want to do this for us.

sdg97232

Established Member
Expected.........it will take ALLOT of people to put up money before production to prompt a company like cervinies to go through the R@D to produce a product like that. Even if they did produce the bumper most people wouldn't spend the money they would ask for the bumper......most companies try to recoupe the money for tooling and r@d early in the prodution run only after they start turning a profit will the price start coming down.

Serge

Established Member
Just get a cobra rear bumper and have the body shop fill in the cobra letter and have a slick finish rear end with out the cobra name.

srt2X

Established Member
Just get a cobra rear bumper and have the body shop fill in the cobra letter and have a slick finish rear end with out the cobra name.

:dw: no. The whole point of doing this is to really separate the Mach from other mustangs/cobras.

srt2X

Established Member
Is there any one in the Phoenix area with a Mach 1? If so pm me please I may have found someone who will get this done. He wants someone to run by his shop so he can look at the bumper. If y'all know someone near the area and can get them to run by Glendale I think is where he said hes at pm me.

Users who are viewing this thread