Rear Calipers

MustangMac

I had a quick question for all the experts out there. I picked up a set of used calipers last week. They came off a '09 GT I didn't really need them, but they were free so I figured I would take them just to have on hand. I took them apart and clean all the grease and grime off. I then blocked off all the holes and inside where the piston rides and sandblasted them, which is where my question comes. I wasn't thinking when I blocked everything off, but the port where the brake line goes, I blocked it off, but I didn't cover area around the bolt hole and the clean shiny area was blasted too. If that caliper was to be used, do you guys think the copper washer would still get a good seal?

And side question the GT500 and GT brakes are the same from '07 - '12 correct. Just asking because he said he had the front brake calipers too, but those weren't free, but I think he only wanted $250 for the pair. If they're the same as my '08 GT, I may buy them just to have another set. I'm somewhat of a pack rat.

Users who are viewing this thread