Rear control arms needed

Balt21

Established Member
I have the Maximum Motorsports lowers and have been happy with them.

chao5.0

Established Member
Either maximum motorsports or team z, those 2 will have you covered for anything you can want.

scottydsntknow

Established Member
I think he means why not get uppers. Because tubular uppers with poly bushings don't allow the 4 link to flex during turns. That=snap oversteer which can easily wreck your car. There is a good 2 or 3 paragraph writeup on Max Motorsports why to leave the stock uppers in with new rubber vs anything else. If you are just DDing the car and don't want to spend a lot of money, Steeda LCAs are just as good as MM for a street car and new rubber in the axle and uppers. MM makes a tool to remove the axle side bushings easily without having to pull it out.

If you are wanting to get the rear of the car completely sorted... Torque arm/panhard bar setup if you are keeping the solid axle or swap in a IRS that has all new FTBR bushings. Those are your only real options. I went with the IRS myself and IMO for a street car this is your best bet.

jmsa540

Established Member
I think he means why not get uppers. Because tubular uppers with poly bushings don't allow the 4 link to flex during turns. That=snap oversteer which can easily wreck your car. There is a good 2 or 3 paragraph writeup on Max Motorsports why to leave the stock uppers in with new rubber vs anything else. If you are just DDing the car and don't want to spend a lot of money, Steeda LCAs are just as good as MM for a street car and new rubber in the axle and uppers. MM makes a tool to remove the axle side bushings easily without having to pull it out.

If you are wanting to get the rear of the car completely sorted... Torque arm/panhard bar setup if you are keeping the solid axle or swap in a IRS that has all new FTBR bushings. Those are your only real options. I went with the IRS myself and IMO for a street car this is your best bet.
Link on article?

Sent from my SM-G892A using the svtperformance.com mobile app

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Man..no im really torn on what to do.

Part number for bushings for upper?

How easy is it for them to snap if i go bbk?

You shouldn't be torn at all. It's an easy decision. Do a search here in the SN95 section, or just on Google. You'll get the same answer. MM is the way to go.

Mustang Rear Upper Control Arm Bushings, Axle/Differential Side, pair

Rear Upper Control Arms, 1979-2004 Mustang

Heavy-Duty Mustang Rear Lower Control Arms, 1979-1998

Read the info in those links.

Here's a couple of the other brands.

https://forums.corral.net/forums/94...-broke-upper-control-arm.html#/topics/2082705

upr upper control arms broke.

jmsa540

Established Member
You shouldn't be torn at all. It's an easy decision. Do a search here in the SN95 section, or just on Google. You'll get the same answer. MM is the way to go.

Mustang Rear Upper Control Arm Bushings, Axle/Differential Side, pair

Rear Upper Control Arms, 1979-2004 Mustang

Heavy-Duty Mustang Rear Lower Control Arms, 1979-1998

Read the info in those links.

Here's a couple of the other brands.

https://forums.corral.net/forums/94...-broke-upper-control-arm.html#/topics/2082705

upr upper control arms broke.
Ty

Users who are viewing this thread