Rear coolant leak ?

raym5_0

on 3 u go
Established Member
after my IC & Engine coolant tank relocate, I started the burp process. I found a small amount of coolant leaking near the rear of engine. I had this happen once before a couple years ago, but attributed the issue to coolant overspill running to the rear while filling at the cross over. I now have a fill neck on the upper hose that eliminates that as a possibility when filling. Searched the topic, found a few threads about the coolant tube & o-rings in the valley being the source. My question is I never see any coolant leakage on my floor other than when I start the fill process..... seems if the puddle was an existing leak, I would have noticed the puddle under the car when I started getting the car up 2 ft off the ground via jacking up front & rear slowly while increasing jack stands?

So if its the O-rings & tube leaking slowly, and drains only on incline, is the coolant hitting any areas in the bell housing clutch area that I should worry about for now? I plan on possibly removing the blower in the near future for a meth/NOS injection plate under the whipple. Just don't want to make more gremlins till I make sure all recent changes are working as planned. Need to get it for a test drive.

Users who are viewing this thread