rear diff gasket

sassafras

Established Member
Like he said above, search is your friend.

If you remove the driveshaft, front and rear differential mounts as well as the front torque brace you can slide the differential forward enough so that you can rotate it to get to cover. There is no gasket you use RTV to reseal it, I used the Ultra Grey Permatex stuff.

I have not done it this way, I just dropped the damn thing because I was switching out the whole innards of mine, but it should work.

black 10th vert

Established Member
Like he said above, search is your friend.

If you remove the driveshaft, front and rear differential mounts as well as the front torque brace you can slide the differential forward enough so that you can rotate it to get to cover. There is no gasket you use RTV to reseal it, I used the Ultra Grey Permatex stuff.

I have not done it this way, I just dropped the damn thing because I was switching out the whole innards of mine, but it should work.

in addition to what is said above, you may have to take out the rear subframe bolts to pivot the cradle down. I know this will work for sure, because I just re-assembled the whole IRS by attaching just the 2 front bolts of the subframe (which I installed bare, because it is so much lighter, and easier to do when working alone).;-)

Users who are viewing this thread