Rear E-Brake?

2ndGearPull

Going Down So Smooth!
Established Member
Anybody know if there is a tool or special way to reinstall the e-brake spring on the caliper's? My dumb a$$ took them off now its a major pain to get them back on.

99ElectricCobra

2003 Cobra #1609
Established Member
Put one end of the spring in place, around the post, and vice grip the other end and pull. It's a mutha!! but you can do it. Back the post bolt out a little for more "room"?

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
I used some channel locks and I believe vise grip pliers. Took me almost an hour to get them both back on and lined up properly. Never again.

2ndGearPull

Going Down So Smooth!
Established Member
Thanks for the replies!!! I will try those methods. I thought I would never get them back on. I will never take them off again!

TRQJUNKIE

Justa Slobra
Established Member
Get a buddy to help! Took me and a friend five minutes to do each of them, one works the spring the other works the cable. Not to mention a couple beers after haha :beer:

jtm

now more boost included
Established Member
give a call if your dumb a$$ needs a hand. its just a little spring. we need to for a ride soon, damn rain

2ndGearPull

Going Down So Smooth!
Established Member
Big Thanks to JTM and His lift we got those pain in the A$$ e-brake springs back on the car.......Wow that sucked!!!

jtm

now more boost included
Established Member
dont ever do that again!!! i put the 2.76, idlers, plugs and tune in faster than we put in 2 springs

03snkvert

Established Member
You can also put them in a vise and use mechanics wire to hold it, then put it on the car. Just be sure that you use a a safety wire to hold the spring to the vise in case it pops loose.

jtm

now more boost included
Established Member
thats exactly what i was trying to do,but didnt have the wire. tried a big plastic tie wrap,but it ended up being in the way to put the soring in place

Black Sex

Established Member
I used big channel locks and pried the spring back and with some mechanics wire and wired it like that. Then I took small channel locks and pried it farther back, cut off the first wire, and rewired so it is now open farther. Then I held the spring on the caliper and cut the wire and it poped right into place.

03snkvert

Established Member
Yep, Same concept! Only I used the vise. Once it was in place I cut the wire and was good to go.

03snkvert

Established Member
They said the SCT 4bank chip went bad. Now he has to try and get a hand held tuner or something to get a tune on the car. So I would think you could probably get it at a pretty good price right now if you wanted to buy it as is. Send him a PM and see what he will take as is so he doesn't have to put any more money in it. He is pretty frustrated right now and is looking to unload it.

Just got a PM from him, and he is wanting $15k if he gets it tuned or 14.5k the way it sets. I am sure he is negotiable, as the wife is on him pretty good about getting rid of the car!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread