Rear-end Guru's step in...

01YellowCobra23

SNAKE CHARMED
Established Member
alright this is probably a dumb question but im not really educated when it comes to rear ends (womens yes....cars no lol)

all bullshit aside.....bought a straight axel out of a 94 gt. I wanna beef it up to hold 600 horse. now i know the axle is shorter than the ones that come in the 99-04's

Question is.....do i havta buy year specific (94-98) or can i put in 99-04 parts...i wanna put in moser 31 splines and an eaton 8.8 posi

sorry for the string of questions lately...its building season for me right now (thank you income tax) and im trying order my goodies

thanks guys!

Un4GivN

QuenchMyThirstw/Gasoline
Established Member
Differentials will be the same 94-04, however you will need 94 year model axles. 1" wheel spacers will bring your tires perfectly flush with your fenders as well.

Last edited:

txblackmach1

StockR
Established Member
glad someone posted this..
i have been researching this subject as well.
i should be picking up a stock 95 gt rear end soon...

slonech

Dark Side
Established Member
fangs99 makes a good point... if you are going to push 600 through it, its cheap insurance to have it welded... i went a little bit over kill on my rear... i did 33 spline axles, spool, c clip eliminators, welded tubes, UPR upper and lower control arms, spherical bushings, coil overs, UPR battle box kit... but i plan on going higher than 600 and while the rear was apart with a broken diff and ring/pinion i decided it was a great time to just do it all

txblackmach1

StockR
Established Member
do any of you guys know what size of wheel would fit perfect without added the 1 inch spacer?
im gonna do that swap down the road and my wheels of choice will be saleens18x10 or 03 cobras 18x10.5 if they make them

fangs99

Established Member
Here's what I did when I did my SRA swap
QA1 rear coilover's, UPR double adj. upper & lowers.
FRPP 31 spline axles w/ Detroit/Eaton diff.

Users who are viewing this thread