rear end....?

johnnydufus

juicin' and a goosin'
Established Member
i have a 96 cobra with basic bolt-ons, we bought this car wrecked and the place that fixed it for us put in a 7.5 rear end because it was cheaper on our part... i busted the spider gears in it over the winter and replaced the differential with a trac loc from frpp. how much horsepower will this thing hold? if i'm just wasting my time where can i get a 8.8 housing for cheap before i do any more modding?

98 N/A 4V

Established Member
The 7.5" sucks balls. It won't hold for long. Don't spend anymore money on it. Look around for a 8.8 rear. They can be found in any F150, explorer, econoline van, navigators, aviators, and I think crown vics. Just go to your nearest salvage yard and I'm sure there will be one there. -Mark

johnnydufus

juicin' and a goosin'
Established Member
oh i kno they do... but i needed to get my car going again so i would have a ride back and forth to skool and work and that was the quickest and easiest way to fix it

but maybe 10 minutes ago i bought a 8.8 out of a 90 gt on ebay for 150

i work at a limo place in dallas and we have a bunch of parts cars, what size rear does a mid 90s lincoln have cuz we have 3 of those for parts, could prolly hook some ppl up on here that want to get rid of the irs

Users who are viewing this thread