Rear end?

o0prodigy0o

Established Member
I got my truck back for the third time back at the body shop for adjustments. Needless to say this whole wreckin my truck thing has been on BIG CLUSTER#$@K!!! So this time I get it back and Im getting a heavy rattle coming from the driverside rear of the bed. I go under and look and a hose what looks to be a breather or return line coming from my driverside axle housing where its screwed in and the other side is just dangling and rockin up against my shock. The otehr side has a vacuum line type fitting on it I was just wondering where that side connects at??? I dont wanna go to the body shop again and loose my truck for 3 days while retards try and fix it but I dont have any access to rack so I cant get all the way in there to see any connection point. I checked the underside and both sides of the diff but cant find its home. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME IM ABOUT TO JUMP OFF HOOVER DAM!!!

WhiteBolt

Engine Master
Established Member
It could be the axle breather vent tube.
I believe it plugs\snaps into a hole in the bed frame directly above the left axle tube.
It's made of plastic and isn't very heavy. I don't see how it could create a heavy rattle sound.
You might have something else loose under there.
Maybe a loose rear sway bar end link?

Last edited:

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
It's just the vent hose.

White bolt is right, it just clips in the under side of the bed. Just look straight up from the vent fitting in the housing.

Users who are viewing this thread