Rear fender dent repair question

olgreydog7

Jaded
Established Member
I have a dent in the rear fender right where it transitions from a curve to a flat surface right above the wheel. Feeling under there it seems there is a fender well cover that is in the way. How is that removed? Does it need to be removed to pull the dent? It's not really that big of a dent. I've thought about slapping some bondo down and calling it good, but I'd rather do it right. I'd also rather do it in my garage myself than take it somewhere. It's more of a track toy than a driver so I'm not looking for a show quality repair, just something functional.

01yellercobra

Established Member
I know you want to do it yourself, but why not look into a local paintless dent repair? We had a pretty good dent in our 06 from some jack ass that didn't know where the end of their bumper was. We took it by a PDR shop and the guy tried, but couldn't get it out. We were quoted around $150 for the work, but since he couldn't pop it out he didn't charge us.

olgreydog7

Jaded
Established Member
That's not bad. That would be worth it I think. Mainly I just don't want to spend a lot for a car that is going to be on the track most of the time. I need a 20 foot paint job, not a 2 inch paint job.

01yellercobra

Established Member
I understand. I figure for the price it's better to let someone else deal with the headache. But then bodywork has never been my favorite thing to do.

olgreydog7

Jaded
Established Member
Some guy pulled up next to me once and offered $300 to fix it. Seemed shady to me so I didn't do it.

Users who are viewing this thread