Rear IRS End Link question

lxsteed

Established Member
I have a question regarding the setup of the driver's side tie rod end on the IRS. I disconnected it at the IRS frame, but don't remember how it goes back together. There is a spacer, does this go on the bottom or top of the end link before bolting it back in?

ShelbyGuy

Steers With the Throttle
Established Member
Eating a steady diet of government cheese, and liv
The 03/04 irs cradles lower the inner toe link rod end by 3mm [the thickness of that spacer]. To minimize production changes, they lowered the bottom bracket 3mm, left the top bracket where it was, and spaced the toe link rod end 3mm lower. Lowering the inner link effectively shortens the rod without making the rod shorter :D This produces a rear steer effect.

As the car travels through a corner and the suspension moves through roll, it causes the inner wheel to toe out and the outer wheel to toe in. It is very tunable on these cars, too.

And yes, even at 4:20am I still ponder vehicle dynamics :D

Wicked46

Under Pressure
Established Member
Hey Brian... LONG time no talk. How's the car coming along? Give me a call if you ever need a hand or another car to look at.

JamesHell

to poor to be fast
Established Member
Hey when you lower the car wouldnt you want to shift that spacer from the top to the bottom in order to maintain the bumpsteer angle?

hawaiiancobra

Established Member
Hey when you lower the car wouldnt you want to shift that spacer from the top to the bottom in order to maintain the bumpsteer angle?
no, to get the bumpsteer dialed or rear steer, you gotta get the bumpsteer kit, the adjustable tie rod ends, or the total kit from mm and you can adjust inner or the outer tie rod ends

Users who are viewing this thread