Rear passenger window goes down on startup and turn off

03dsgsnake

Established Member
All of a sudden everytime i turn key and start up the beast, the right rear passenger window goes down...Then when i shut it off it does the same. I was on a 300 mile cruise with my club yesterday and every time we stopped by the mountains or lakes for pictures, id hear "your windows down" :nonono: Any one have any ideas? Anyone else have these issues in a vert? I looked under window switches and all is fine, its really getting annoying now!!:shrug:

SickBlackMach

Throttling back
Established Member
Maybe something internal to that window switch or the window lock out switch has broken. If you take the switches out, you can -carefully- pry the switch housing off to inspect it. Swapping switches would be a good idea too.

If it doesnt end up being that, you can temporarily disconnect the switch until you get it fixed. No need to have the window going down over and over.

Fyi, the switch internals are -very- common between late 90s Fords. The last time I pulled some out of a junked Tauru and another fox body.

03dsgsnake

Established Member
Maybe something internal to that window switch or the window lock out switch has broken. If you take the switches out, you can -carefully- pry the switch housing off to inspect it. Swapping switches would be a good idea too.

If it doesnt end up being that, you can temporarily disconnect the switch until you get it fixed. No need to have the window going down over and over.

Fyi, the switch internals are -very- common between late 90s Fords. The last time I pulled some out of a junked Tauru and another fox body.

Thanks brother! Good information!:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread