Rear Seat Delete kit...??

mustangmuscle

Established Member
I've been reading the posts on the RSD kits, and been shopping around to find a nice one. And, by "nice", I mean, a kit that fits well, looks nice, is reasonably priced, and oh yeah, actually saves some weight.

Would appreciate any info from those that have done this mod.
Any regrets from having done this?
Any kits that you would recommend?

Thanks!

Chris

ps. been looking at this one...

http://www.rearseatdelete.com/mustangcoupe.html

Thanks again.

canibus

Established Member
that looks like a good product. plastic instead of wood definetly save moe weight

Last edited by a moderator:

mustangmuscle

Established Member
kanibus said:
that looks like a good product. plastic instead of wood definetly save moe weight

Exactly what I was thinking, too.
I emailed the place, and they told me they use this plastic because it was
super strong, and doesnt cause the unpleasant "wood" smell that is commonly associated with other RSD kits that use MDF, or other wood....

Thanks for your reply.
Really appreciate it!

Chris

FEARLE5S

www.SALINASRACING.com
Established Member
I made my own. gotten many compliements. I was thinking about buying one but i had wood laying around so i decided one day to cut it. bought some carpet from my local kragen and it came out great. Only down side is that i run an offroad xpipe and it gets loud inside since there is no cushion to isolate the sound. u can always throw some pillows or some thing. good luck on ur search....

FaYgOkRiS

SVT BOSS 570
Established Member
I lik emine better, lol.
1-22-2007-06.gif

1-22-2007-05.gif

Probally not what your looking for though.

mustangmuscle

Established Member
FEARLE5S said:
I made my own. gotten many compliements. I was thinking about buying one but i had wood laying around so i decided one day to cut it. bought some carpet from my local kragen and it came out great. Only down side is that i run an offroad xpipe and it gets loud inside since there is no cushion to isolate the sound. u can always throw some pillows or some thing. good luck on ur search....

Thanks for your reply.
Wish I had the tools, and was good enough to make my own. But, thats not the case. So, I'm definitely gonna have to buy one.

I am concerned about an increase in noise. So, your info is very helpful. I have a catted-x, so maybe it wont be so bad. However, if it is, I will definitely look into some sound deadening material.....

Chris

mustangmuscle

Established Member
FaYgOkRiS said:
I lik emine better, lol.
1-22-2007-06.gif

1-22-2007-05.gif

Probally not what your looking for though.

No, not exactly. But, thanks for your reply, anyway.
My car is my DD, so not looking to go quite as extreme as your set-up.

Thanks,

Chris

FaYgOkRiS

SVT BOSS 570
Established Member
FEARLE5S said:
lol i like how u still have the plastic piece ont top lol...

Actually we pieced back the entire interior over top of it, to give that stock look. Then carpeted over top of it to look like a normal delete kit. Turned out better than expected.

FEARLE5S

www.SALINASRACING.com
Established Member
he doesnt make them anymore. i sent him and email and got a reply about 2 months later telling me. it sucks since they look nice and the plain kit is only 50 bucks

pianoman90

Established Member
FEARLE5S said:
he doesnt make them anymore. i sent him and email and got a reply about 2 months later telling me. it sucks since they look nice and the plain kit is only 50 bucks

Well that completely sucks. I could justify spending $50 on a delete, but not $200.

mmustangsrus

boost makes daddy happy
Established Member
matchb0x said:
I'm thinking of taking out the rear seat as well. Anyone know if there is a kit that turns the space where the seat was into a type of storage bin?
yea thats the reason i`m buying this one :rockon:

http://rearseatdelete.com/mustangvert.html

rearseatdelete.com said:
The lower panel is a strong 3/16" thick ABS Plastic, and a 1/4" plastic back panel. It provides a deep hidden storage compartment and increases interior cargo space. The plastic will not break or crack under pressure.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread