Rear Seat Delete Thread

thehunterooo

Established Member
I am removing my rear seat and creating a guide inspired by Tob with full weights documented. Tob's thread can be found below.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...15-2016-Mustang-Rear-Seat-Delete-(M-6346612-M)

My car is a 2015 GT, base with the cloth seats. The leather seats should weigh a tad more. I can not decide what kit I want or if I even want a delete kit but in the mean time why not take it out now! Less weight and I do not have to give people rides? Heck yes.

Work in progress, will continue to update. My scales are good but some of the pieces are big so it is hard to get an accurate measurement, these are close but not exact.

Back Seat Pieces (Pair) - 9:11.8 and 9:13.4 Pounds Each
Bottom Seat Piece - 11:07.4 Pounds
Seat Hardware - 0:14.4 Pounds

Combined Weight of Seats Removed - 31:15.0

By taking out the rear seat and the hardware that hold it in will remove almost 32 pounds and that is before seat belts or the other stuff back there.

1. The bottom piece comes out first, there is a tab on each side in the middle, get your hand under the seat and push in, the seat will come right out.

2. Next the back pieces, there are three bolts that hold them in. The middle piece in the middle has one bolt, and on each end there is also two bolts, the middle bolt comes out while the ends are held on by nutz :burnout: Take those suckers out and the back pieces come right on out leaving a barren area of beauty.

Last edited:

thehunterooo

Established Member
Holy cow finally got all of the belts out, sucks doing it outside baking in the Florida heat. Not too bad overall but so much as to be pulled out....

Can't decide if I want the 350 kit or make something like the shader one, I would like something that can fold down since it is my only car so the 350 delete may not be the best for me.

What I did notice though is a huge increase in noise, I have a very loud exhaust setup and I can hear it well now. Tob did you see an increase in NVH going from the seat to the 350 delete? I have had no seat for two weeks and can hear and feel a big difference.

thehunterooo

Established Member
Im going to be doing a rear seat delete too. Probably going to use the one on americanmuscle.

Nice it is a good mod, 30+ pounds and you don't have to give rides to more than one other person haha

Follow Tob's write up it is really good, just be careful taking out the big panels, I got some light scratches on the airbag ones (doesn't really matter back there though). Does not take too long either but doing it on a hot day sucks big time.

gt500_sti_guy

Established Member
Last edited:

gt500_sti_guy

Established Member
Of course exhaust work but either a really large single turbo or two 6766s will put majority if not more weight back into the car. So what ill save from manifolds and a catback with no mufflers will be a wash.

thehunterooo

Established Member
So I just bought the 350 delete kit from LMR.

I have a big issue though. My exhaust is super loud and without the seat the car is super loud on the inside now (which is fine with me). Though there are vibrations from the drone and it is causing something to rattle which I have spent the past month looking for with no luck. I am hoping the 350 kit will help reduce some of the sound and maybe some of the shaking in the back but I am also thinking about getting some sound deadening material to put on the floor of the trunk.

Has anyone used any sort of material before with any noticeable improvements? There is a ton of different products out there so I do not know what to buy.

If anything I might just have to change out my beloved ABs :(

thehunterooo

Established Member
I put some fat mat and some other stuff in the back and also put the interior back in to get ready to put in the delete that comes in Thursday. I never found the rattle but it seemed to went away after the material and interior were in place thankfully. I will say the passenger side C pillar will be an issue for many S550 owners, there is just so much plastic sitting there that can rattle about. The driver side C pillar is different and should not rattle too much if at all.

thelastsumurai

Established Member
Any news. It's been over a month. Has there been any progress by anyone. I became interested in doing this project myself since I read this thread

Super Werty

Any news. It's been over a month. Has there been any progress by anyone. I became interested in doing this project myself since I read this thread

I did the gt350 rear seat delete and the Watson racing roll cage. Sound is slightly louder than before. But not bad at all. The weight I removed was about the same weight I added with the cage. Looks awesome though. I'm happy with it!

20160815_075406_zpshyyn5pvf.jpg

thehunterooo

Established Member

Sorry haven't been on here in a few weeks.

I got the 350 delete installed and it is awesome. It cancels out a lot of the sound that was produced from not having anything back there. I never found out what was rattling but between some of the fat mat stuff and the delete it seemed to stop the vibration.

It is a nice delete piece though, I would recommend it if you do not mind the cost of it. The whole install is pretty easy and should not take more than 2-3 hours if you take your time. Still need to get pics.

I never got the rest of the weights but Tob has them. I also took out my rear speakers but there only weigh about 3 pounds.

Users who are viewing this thread