rear shocks

Ellik

Established Member
I need to swap out my rear shocks. Any tricks to getthing the lining out of the trunk without breaking it to get at the top shock bolt? What am I doing wrong?

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
I need to swap out my rear shocks. Any tricks to getthing the lining out of the trunk without breaking it to get at the top shock bolt? What am I doing wrong?

remove clips holding the trim panel around the striker (bottom part of the trunk opening) and remove small plastic trim panel...unscrew plastic holders behind taillights, then slowly pull back on carpeted side trim, until you find the clips (like big toothed paper clips) and remove those...then you should be able to move the side trim enough to get tools in on the upper shock nut...that may not be the exact procedure but it's close...

Ellik

Established Member
are the little plastic buttons screw-on type or the other PITA type that you just rip out and then cant put back in tight?

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
are the little plastic buttons screw-on type or the other PITA type that you just rip out and then cant put back in tight?

the ones holding the small plastic panel are the push type...the ones behind the taillights are the screw type...

DarkMesa8

4.6 Rookie, 5.0 Pro
Established Member
Tips? Don't let your wife do it while you're doing the struts.

Actually, she only broke one of the plastic buttons. Otherwise, it was cake for her and she had never removed interior parts before.

Users who are viewing this thread