Rear Speakers

slow ld9

Established Member
Anyone know how to remove the rear dek cover in a 94 GT, so I can replace the rear speakers? Any pointers would be aprreciated.

bbp42d

shakin not stirred
Established Member
well the mach 460 has a box with the speakers and wires in it to hold them. did not have to remove back deck to access speakers. I hope you get a better response soon, p.s why would you have to remove the back deck to access speakers?

Blackgeetee

Established Member
I have the Mach 460 and I had to tear the back ledge all apart to get to the speakers. I believe it's much easier with the regular system but I could be wrong. Basically I just tore into it without directions. Just take a look at how they're in there and you should be able to tell how to do it. Don't be afraid to tear into it. Good luck!

slow ld9

Established Member
Yeah, the speakers are screwed in from the top of the shelf, so the rear panel has to come off. I was looking at it yesterday, I took out the 3 bolts in the front & 2 black push pins. After that, there's a bunch of push pins around the outside of it, but they didn't want to come out to easy, so I wasn't sure if anything else holds it in place. If it was my car, I wouldn't care & I'd just tear into it, but it's my girlfriend's. She'd probably freak out if I broke something in her baby.

Users who are viewing this thread