Rear Spoiler Opinions

Which rear spoiler?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bad03Vert

Hello 5.0
Established Member
My car came with the Rear Spoiler Delete (No Charge, Thanks Ford!) and I can't decide if I want to keep it wingless or drill holes into a brand new car and add a rear spoiler. Father-in-law has a paint booth to do all the work so that's not a cost deal breaker. There are a few that I've seen in person that I do like. Care to share your thoughts?

Ron Mexico

Deploying SVT Poster
Established Member
I'm wingless too (roush castoff). I like the clean look and don't want to drill holes.

zu5eryde.jpg

CobraHuck

Established Member
I vote the big wing from the factory scoop/spoiler package (I think accessory group 5 or something along those lines). My car has the really small spoiler right now but that big wing is what I plan on adding

Sent from TapaTwat

MRSUPRA

Established Member
I just installed a painted GT500 wing from thespoilerstore. I had to drill holes since I had the wingless option too-No big deal to me.

vortecd

Established Member
My car is also spoiler delete, I ordered it that way! So I vote on "none"

Yellow4.6

Established Member
I went with the Roush...was really torn between it and the GT500 but have a friend with a GT500 wing and seems more people have them so went other way.

photo4_zps0dfa2b0c.jpg

2012GTCS

Established Member
Roush or GT500. Kinda similar but the roush extends down the quarter more. The CS wing is nice but it will require 8 holes vs. 4 and youre pretty much stuck with that for good.....body shops run about 1000 to weld and paint it.

ACESnEIGHTS

Established Member
I like the pedestal GT/CS. Have dealership install it. If they screw it up they will have to fix it. I had to drill holes in my Harley fiberglass saddle bags to add a spoiler/light, I nearly passed out drilling into a $30,000 motorcycle LoL...........
3af2e40a-95ef-4c1c-8bdb-f186460ecb0b.gif

Last edited:

Bad03Vert

Hello 5.0
Established Member
Thanks for the input so far everyone!

Question about the pedestal spoiler, when these come factory are they painted black on the underside or is that just exposed plastic? I've seen a few places that offer the entire spoiler painted the same color top and bottom. I like the factory look better.

Ron Mexico

Deploying SVT Poster
Established Member
wingless stern view. throw your money somewhere else on the car.

enyqe8uq.jpg

grabber blue gt

Established Member
I have a race red too so if you want the CS spoiler I will gladly trade trunks with you!! Only thing we need to pay for is shipping and clearly the paint match will be perfect since we are both factory race red.

Also has the rear blackout vinyl that came with the CS but I can take that off

Bad03Vert

Hello 5.0
Established Member
I have a race red too so if you want the CS spoiler I will gladly trade trunks with you!! Only thing we need to pay for is shipping and clearly the paint match will be perfect since we are both factory race red. Also has the rear blackout vinyl that came with the CS but I can take that off

Interesting offer; depending on where you're located shipping could get expensive though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread