Rear suspension/driveline bottoming out

rsb213

Established Member
Hey guys.

I killed 2 stock 2 piece driveshafts in a week, so I went and picked up shaftmasters 3.5 one piece and now when the suspension depresses it bottoms out into something. it honestly feels like it's the driveshaft hitting the body but I can't see any marks of impact on it, or any obvious places.

I'm lowered 2" on the stock panhard I just got an adjustable white line yesterday but haven't installed it yet. I'm hoping that will fix the issue. Any ideas?

nate714

Established Member
Look at the over-axle pipes. I put 3 inch pipes in and they started hitting the axle vent tube on the passenger side of the rear axle. When I lowered the car it started hitting way more often and I had to get the exhaust altered to clear the axle vent.

I don't think changing the driveshaft would cause that, but it's worth peaking at.

TSHOES

Established Member
If you are lowered 2" on stock PHB, I wouldnt think the rear end would be centered under the car

nate714

Established Member
it wouldn't, even at 1.5 inch it shifts toward the left enough to see from a distance. Also, without adjustable control arms that much drop and a 1 piece drive shaft could be a recipe for a disaster.

Users who are viewing this thread