Rear suspension Pop on takeoff and articulation

01slowbra46

2014 GT Premium.
Established Member
Hey everyone, my car started making a popping noise when I take off or turn into a parking lot with any sort of incline. I first replaced my lower control arms to make sure it was not the spherical bearings and it was not. I did notice the right right sway bar link has just a tiny bit of play in it. My real question is how many of you have had this issue? My car is a 14 and has 18k miles. Also, what brand do you recommend going with for rear swaybar bushings and links? I dont want to replace with OE ones and have to worry about it every year. Thanks!

wolfman311

Established Member
Hey everyone, my car started making a popping noise when I take off or turn into a parking lot with any sort of incline. I first replaced my lower control arms to make sure it was not the spherical bearings and it was not. I did notice the right right sway bar link has just a tiny bit of play in it. My real question is how many of you have had this issue? My car is a 14 and has 18k miles. Also, what brand do you recommend going with for rear swaybar bushings and links? I dont want to replace with OE ones and have to worry about it every year. Thanks!

I had the same noise and it was the upper strut mounts. I went with a gt500 pair along with strange struts and the noise went away.

01slowbra46

2014 GT Premium.
Established Member
This is on the rear. My front is beginning to pop as well, but I plan on getting J&M caster camber plates anyways.

466roller

Established Member
May want to look at your upper control arm and bushing, bushing in the rear end housing as well. As far as CC plates. Maximum motorsports make a nice set.

Users who are viewing this thread