Rear suspension popping

Healthforhazard

Established Member
I had not had this looked at yet but will very soon. Checking to see if anyone can help guide me on what to look for. For a week the car had a small pop from the rear suspension when leaving a stand still. Yesterday after backing up it and startig to move forward again felt like it was bound up enough that very gentle clutch release wouldnt get the car rolling. It took a small bit of effort and it popped lose and began rolling forward, acting normal after that. Any quick ideas on where to look

slick3

Established Member
I had not had this looked at yet but will very soon. Checking to see if anyone can help guide me on what to look for. For a week the car had a small pop from the rear suspension when leaving a stand still. Yesterday after backing up it and startig to move forward again felt like it was bound up enough that very gentle clutch release wouldnt get the car rolling. It took a small bit of effort and it popped lose and began rolling forward, acting normal after that. Any quick ideas on where to look

Do you have any rear suspension mods? Axle back? Mid pipe? Check over axle pipe hitting against the pb brace if so.

I had some poping from the rear awhile back, turned out it was just the jam nut on the UCA came loose, loctite and its been good the past year.

01slowbra46

2014 GT Premium.
Established Member
Sway bar links are pretty common to go bad pretty often on these. Good luck though, I just replaced everything on mine, Upper, Lowers, Poly sway bar bushings, and it still makes a popping noise on takeoff and slight bumps. Not as bad as it did, but it still does, although now i hear more in the front probably due to a strut mount. All i have left are springs and shocks on the rear lol. And everything was torqued to spec using a snap on torque wrench.

Users who are viewing this thread