Rear sway-bar replacement

Bigggy

Established Member
Hi Guys, I will be replacing my sway-bars with the eibachs. In the rear, does the gas tank need to be dropped or it's possible to replace it with the tank in place and the IRS fully assembled? The car is currently on jack stand with only the wheels removed.

Thanks.

bubblehead93

Established Member
you should just need to tilt the sub-frame down from the rear, loosen the front bolts, remove the rears... jack under the diff... the shop manual has you drop the whole IRS... but you should only have to tilt the rear down... just did it to replace my upper and lower control arm bushings...

Bigggy

Established Member
you should just need to tilt the sub-frame down from the rear, loosen the front bolts, remove the rears... jack under the diff... the shop manual has you drop the whole IRS... but you should only have to tilt the rear down... just did it to replace my upper and lower control arm bushings...

Thanks for the advice, I'll try that at first.

Woody6799

Established Member

This. I just had the whole IRS out to be redone and from where the bolt locations are this should work fine.

Users who are viewing this thread