Rear Sway Bar

CGGT01

Established Member
I broke the rear sway bar on my 96 Cobra. I was told by a local mustang shop that I could use a sway bar off of a 87-93 GT as a less expensive replacement until I can afford a newer one. Does anyone know anything about this or have any advise? Thanks.

Toasty

Established Member
I broke the rear sway bar on my 96 Cobra. I was told by a local mustang shop that I could use a sway bar off of a 87-93 GT as a less expensive replacement until I can afford a newer one. Does anyone know anything about this or have any advise? Thanks.

New replacements from ford are like $100-125 bucks. Call Tousley ford. They are also beefier than the factory rear sway bars on our cars at the bolt hole mounting bosses.

SN_95

this hobby cost too much
Established Member
+1 on driving without one. i broke the one on my old gt so i went to the junkyard and got one off a v6 for like 20 bucks, might as well had not been there.

CGGT01

Established Member
wouldn't driving without one damage the car?

So would a sway bar from a 87-93 fox fit ok?

SVTCobra306

Established Member
Fox sway would fit fine. Get a replacement for a 96-98 Cobra or the new Eibach 1" bar.. but the Eibach is smaller (more oversteer).

You won't damage the car if you don't drive stupidly. Lack of rear swaybar means more body roll and even worse understeer than before. Replace your control arms and you'll never break another swaybar!

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
I took mine off when I installed my LCAs. They don't have the sb mount.

I'd love to find a reasonably priced rear sb that mounts to the rearend housing.

SVTCobra306

Established Member
MM's kit is about the cheapest out there that doesn't use the LCA.. Strano carries the Hotchkis but it's over $400

Mine's an EvM piece but it's no longer made to my knowledge.. and it bolts to the LCA. Nice, quick changes, not that I've found use for anything but full stiff/big bar.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Can you post a link to MMs rear sb? all Ive ever seen on their site is Eibach/hotchkis kits

svtcobralover

Established Member
You can have mine for $20 plus shipping. Im located in south florida. My cobra was totaled so I no longer need it.

Users who are viewing this thread