Rear view mirror

sapper

Established Member
I drove my new 03 back form AZ yesterday. This beast run great! No pull, No tic, No smell, No vibration?, its in perfect shape...almost

The only thing that caught my eye was the rear view mirror. At speeds above 80mph it shakes enough that it is not possible to identify what type of vehicles you are seeing when you look in it. Now the car feels very smooth and the mirror seems tight, but I can feel a slight vibration on the windshield when I touch it at that speed.
The side mirrors are steady, so I used them to see the traffic behind me.

Anyone else have this problem?
Any ideas what may be causing it?

Last edited:

Elliotness

Established Member
Originally posted by sapper
I drove my new 03 back form AZ yesterday. This beast run great! No pull, No tic, No smell, No vibration, its in perfect shape...almost

The only thing that caught my eye was the rear view mirror. At speeds above 80mph it shakes enough that it is not possible to identify what type of vehicles you are seeing when you look in it. Now the car feels very smooth and the mirror seems tight, but I can feel a slight vibration on the windshield when I touch it at that speed.
The side mirrors are steady, so I used them to see the traffic behind me.

Anyone else have this problem?
Any ideas what may be causing it?

Yep, sounds like the imfamous vibe!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOO.. I guess this means that the quality hold did not fix the problem. I was hoping they would address this before I recieved my car. Yuck:bash: Is this a first run Cobra...

Last edited:

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
I'm praying to the gods in Dearborn that mine leaves the plant next week with only good vibrations....

we don't need no stinkin' vibe, man! :gt:

Elliotness

Established Member
I feel the same way. I thought for sure they (Ford) would fix that frickin vibe... :cuss: and pull issue. You think they are just sending them out hoping that the owners don't bring them back... That's cheaper than fixing them all....

Can't wait to find out if mine vibrates.

sapper

Established Member
I thought the vibration issue that people were having would be bad enough to feel the car shake.
I would not even know I had a problem if I didn't look in the mirror.
There is a low droning noise at 80mph, its not very loud. I would say its like a background noise. I assumed this was normal engine/transmission sound.
If it was not for the 500 mile drive home at 80 to 85mph, I would have figured it was a road condition causing it.

sapper

Established Member
this is a first run car.
Build week 7/29, ready for transport on 8/9.
I would of thought that QC would of fixed this problem after sitting on the car for about 3 weeks before shipping.

Weasel

Established Member
Originally posted by sapper
I thought the vibration issue that people were having would be bad enough to feel the car shake.
I would not even know I had a problem if I didn't look in the mirror.
There is a low droning noise at 80mph, its not very loud. I would say its like a background noise. I assumed this was normal engine/transmission sound.
If it was not for the 500 mile drive home at 80 to 85mph, I would have figured it was a road condition causing it.

You describe the symptoms perfectly. It's a low rumbly noise at around 80 and you can't see the cars behind you clearly. It is not felt in the steering wheel. I've found that sometimes it's worse than others. Can't relate it to anything.
Sorry, but you got it.

Mike

cobra0103

Established Member
Oh man. I have the same thing at that speed--no felt vibration but can not use the rear view mirror. I dread the thought of taking the car back to the dealer.

Do you folks with the above also have the first grear/reverse vibration (chatter) on start up after warmed up??

A's Cobra

Established Member
the bad part is think what it's doing to the bearing's in your rear end and tranny

Users who are viewing this thread