rear wheel spacer recommendation

motorcitycobra

Established Member
I did some quick measurements on my '01 yesterday. I've got a set of 255/45/17 Nittos I'm going to have mounted on the rear this week. Was wondering if anyone had a spacer recommendation based on experience. A quick check looks like a 25mm is enough but if more will fit, I'd like to move them as far outboard as I can w/out clearance issues.

I laid a piece of 1" sq alum tube across the sidewalls and it looked like it'd space right out to the quarter panel lip.

UGAcobra

Established Member
If you're still on the stock wheels go ahead and get the H&R 1 inch spacers with the integrated wheel studs.

motorcitycobra

Established Member
Cool.....it looked like 25mm should work. thanks for the info! Yep.........stock wheel. I'm happy w/ the polished stock rims so no need to change.

I was looking at the Eibach spacers simply because it's easy to order thru Summit. Are these hub/wheel centric like the H&Rs?

motorcitycobra

Established Member
Great! I'll have plenty of room for the 255/45 Nittos I just got.

I almost did the 275/40 but read a few posts saying the 275s were a bit lacking when it came to cornering. I've run a 275/60 on a 8" wide 15" rim but there's a lot more sidewall there.

Maybe once the front 245s up front are toast I'll move the 255s there and try the 275 out back.

thanks guys!

Users who are viewing this thread