Rear Wheels & Drag Radials for the Track

MarauderTJA

# 2 Procharger Marauder
Established Member
The Wraith said:
Hey Tom did you guys come up with anything yet??

Negative. Can't find any slicks for 18" rims. Possibly can go with 17" wheels and slicks but having a problem getting the right wheel/tire OD to keep tire height the same. If I find anything I'll post it.

Most likely I will be getting a set of Kazera 18 X 9.5 and getting a set of Nitto 305 X 45 X 18 Extreme Drag radials.

Tom, Cape Coral, Florida

Last edited:

tmac1337

No More Mr. Nice Guy
Established Member
MarauderTJA said:
Most likely I will be getting a set of Kazera 18 X 9.5 and getting a set of Nitto 305 X 45 X 18 Extreme Drag radials.

Tom, Cape Coral, Florida

That sounds like your best bet Tom.

By the way, I went to a local Mercury Dealership to have 4 KDW2's mounted and balanced. Even though I went out of my way to tell them to be careful with my chrome rims, the mechanic seriously damaged two of my rims. Now I have to go back on Mon. as they are going to swap 2 rims off another used Marauder they have on the lot. :fm:

MarauderTJA

# 2 Procharger Marauder
Established Member
tmac1337 said:
That sounds like your best bet Tom.

By the way, I went to a local Mercury Dealership to have 4 KDW2's mounted and balanced. Even though I went out of my way to tell them to be careful with my chrome rims, the mechanic seriously damaged two of my rims. Now I have to go back on Mon. as they are going to swap 2 rims off another used Marauder they have on the lot. :fm:

Unreal. I take my wheels only to a tire guy who has a rimless tire mounter A specail machine for mag/chrome wheels. The machine never touches the wheel.

I am going go the Kazera route as we dicussed at your house. Hope you are coming over to the picnic tomorrow.

tmac1337

No More Mr. Nice Guy
Established Member
MarauderTJA said:
Unreal. I take my wheels only to a tire guy who has a rimless tire mounter A specail machine for mag/chrome wheels. The machine never touches the wheel.

I am going go the Kazera route as we dicussed at your house. Hope you are coming over to the picnic tomorrow.

The dealership made good on thier mess. Rims on my car nice and shiny again.

Can't wait to see the Kazera's on your car. A guy at the car shop today had a Cobra with 9" rear width rims, with a set of Nittos. Definately a better drag strip tire, look good too. He stated he has had no problems in the rain.

MarauderTJA

# 2 Procharger Marauder
Established Member
tmac1337 said:
The dealership made good on thier mess. Rims on my car nice and shiny again.

Can't wait to see the Kazera's on your car. A guy at the car shop today had a Cobra with 9" rear width rims, with a set of Nittos. Definately a better drag strip tire, look good too. He stated he has had no problems in the rain.

Next time you come over to the west coast I'll have to show my Mustang. I have 10.5 X 17's on the rear with 315 Nitto Drag Radials. They hook up great. Going to a 305 tire from a 245 is substanial. Should look real good. And yeah, can;t wait to get the Kazera's.

tmac1337

No More Mr. Nice Guy
Established Member
MarauderTJA said:
Next time you come over to the west coast I'll have to show my Mustang. I have 10.5 X 17's on the rear with 315 Nitto Drag Radials. They hook up great. Going to a 305 tire from a 245 is substanial. Should look real good. And yeah, can;t wait to get the Kazera's.

Congratulations Tom, it's keeping up to people like you that keeps me spending money and the economy going strong :eek:

maraudernkc

Procharger Kit #0
Established Member
What do you think about these wheels for the rears for Drag strip use only?

Nitto 305 on them. The offsest is only 35MM.The price is 151.00 with free shipping. The size is 18 x 9 1 /2 with 35MM offset.

mbmdri.sm.ang.jpg
:shrug:

Last edited:

TooManyFords

carpe noctum.
Established Member
maraudernkc said:
What do you think about these wheels for the rears for Drag strip use only?

Nitto 305 on them. The offsest is only 35MM.The price is 151.00 with free shipping. The size is 18 x 9 1 /2 with 35MM offset.

Those wheels will stick out .9448 inches farther out at the rim lip than a factory MM wheel. Add to that the sidewall difference of the Nitto and it could be as much as 1.5-1.8 inches. Get your ruler out and hold it to the top of the rim of your MM wheel and see how far they would stick out, if any.

The wheel looks nice though. :)

John

MarauderTJA

# 2 Procharger Marauder
Established Member
Ended up getting a set of Marauder wheels and sent them off today to Weldcraft wheels in MI to get them widened to 9.5". Should have back in two weeks. I just love the orginial wheels on our cars. Once they get back the 305 X 45 X 18 Extreme Drag Radials are going on. Then the hooking issue should be corrected.

tmac1337

No More Mr. Nice Guy
Established Member
That is the best way to go Tom. That way you won't have to bother with the fronts, keep a stock look. For anyone else who is interested in widening thier rims to 9.5 inches, Weldcraft Wheels has done a bunch already.

Last edited:

DEFYANT

Adm!nistrate This.....
Established Member
I am going with the widened stock rims w/ NITTO NT 555R DRAG RADIAL
305/45R-18. Discount Tire Direct has them for $233 + $15 for heat cycling.

Rims and tires should be here by the end of next week.

I can not wait. I should have done this a long time ago.

MarauderTJA

# 2 Procharger Marauder
Established Member
Defyant said:
I am going with the widened stock rims w/ NITTO NT 555R DRAG RADIAL
305/45R-18. Discount Tire Direct has them for $233 + $15 for heat cycling.

Rims and tires should be here by the end of next week.

I can not wait. I should have done this a long time ago.

Hope to get mine on this coming week. FYI, A place in Vermont Barretire.com offers Nitto Drag Radials for $218.00/each, no tax and free shipping. Can't wait to be able to hook up.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread