Rear Wing Off

XLR8-R

Established Member
Took my wing off the other day, nobody noticed me! NOT! Oh well what can you do? It does look good though, very cool. Then again, what if a Z06 Vette wants to run top-end on the way to work? I better put it back on!

Carter:lol:

Andy M

Established Member
Carter,

I have been curious about the wing since I bought the car?.. when you remove it from the car?, how do you cover the holes? or do you? just in case it starts raining??

Just curious? Did you happen to take any pics of the car with it off?? if so, pls share with us?...

XLR8-R

Established Member
Andy, at this time the holes are open but I am looking for something to plug them that will look good. I'll try to take some pics soon. If you take yours off, be careful as the studs are tight in the holes and it will chip the paint a little when you pull the wing off. It will not be visible when you put the wing back on though, so no big deal.

Carter

Andy M

Established Member
Bill/Vicki:

The manual suggests taking it off of the car (along with the front splitter) if you run at the drag strip. These two items slow the car down.

XLR8-R

Established Member
Wing Off...

I realize the wing is a major part of the Rs personality, but it serves no purpose on the street other than to attract attention-from everybody. Sometimes all that attention is not a good thing. Plus, the car is still beautiful with out it and I can put it back on the car in 5 minutes.

Carter

1Fast R

Well, I guess we would have known that "IF" we had the manual! You would think buying a $55,000 car that it would come with a manual! We just got our registration so that we can get our certificate and stuff that comes with the car. What a headache! The dealership never gave us anything. We are in hopes that SVT will sent our manual after proof of ownership.

Bill & Vicki

BRIMSTONE

1Fast R,

Call SVT they will send you the R manual, which is a thin little booklet. The "owner's manual" I believe is the same as any Mustang. I never got the "owner's manual" even after calling the dealer every day! Never buy a Ford from Person Ford in La Verne, horrible customer service!

Mike

kevin

Originally posted by BRIMSTONE
1Fast R,

Call SVT they will send you the R manual, which is a thin little booklet. The "owner's manual" I believe is the same as any Mustang. I never got the "owner's manual" even after calling the dealer every day! Never buy a Ford from Person Ford in La Verne, horrible customer service!

Mike

as in la verne ca? la verne university?

Users who are viewing this thread