my rear end is leaking like a freaking siv
i have some mods
not looking foward to putting all the stock parts back
has anyone had this problem?
what do i do?
:burn:

Jim Vaccaro

Established Member
I just had mine done..I drove car in with DR's on and had no problems..I had to make Appt..It took 3 to 4 hrs..I was there at 8am ...They started jiob at 10am and i was driving home by 2pm..

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
I had the leak at the Dif. Stupid Ford is using some Cheasy CRAPPY RTV :nonono:

I/O running into that issue again i just went to my High Performance Shop to do it right ;-)

No Leaks to report of :beer:

wicked03snake

Established Member
mine leaked and i thought i could get by for a couple of weeks, until the rear started to whine almost as much as the blower and boom! lockup spider gears. thats ok i didnt like the irs anyway, so now a live axle resides

Lawman

Established Member
Differential leak

Mine started to leak last week. I brought it to the dealer and they discovered that it was a defective gasket. I'm waiting for the driveshaft to come in so they can replace the original. (My snake has the vibe.)

Pure Vennom

Established Member
Mine started to leak about a month ago. I took it in and they told me I needed a new rear end. They ordered one and told me to drive it till it came in. The new rear arrived in about 6 days and they installed it in 1 day.

To tell you the truth the old rear end seemed to run smoother. The new one seems to vibrate. I am hoping it will break in and settle down after a few hundred miles or so. Either way I am glad its fixed cause I could not put up with it leaking like it was.

Lawman

Established Member
Hey Vaccaro, I don't know why I stated a gasket. If I recall correctly, I do remember the tech stating that it was an adhesive glue that the manufacturer uses. The work order states that they removed the rear end assembly and resealed the housing. Probably used the same "crappy rtv" you mentioned in your post reply. No leaks so far.

Users who are viewing this thread